cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

samsung exclaim text memory

Journeyman

samsung exclaim text memory

when i first got my exclaim, texting was easy and simple but when my texts came to a limit where they couldnt stay in my phone, my phone said it would delete the last text message but it doesnt! instead, it deletes the new texts that come in. now, i always have to delete my conversations because of my memory. i saw my phone's memory and i have plenty of memory so i dont know what the problem is.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: samsung exclaim text memory

I had the same exact problem. What works is if you have Wireless Backup, then you'll have to completely reset your phone (but that would only work for me for about three days or so until it started messing up my messages again). Or if you have insurance, take it to your Sprint store. They'll think something's wrong with your memory, but I think it's a glitch with the phone because I'm apparently not the only one this has happened to. I just got a new one for free today because of that issue.

Don't bother calling customer assistance, though, I spent a good hour and change with them for them to just tell me "it was a memory issue." It's definitely a defect in the phone.

But the phone that I got today is running on the new software, so hopefully this improves the phone's performance.

Hope this helped.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: samsung exclaim text memory

I have this same problem. I figured out how to fix it without callng the support number or bringing my phone in.. It's simple- just go into settings> more>  restrict and lock ( the security code is usually the last 4 digits of your phone number, if you havent set it yourself)> erase/reset> and just erase the first 3- web cache, web cookies and web history. Give the phone a couple of mins. and all the texts you missed from the memory being full will be sent within the next few minutes. Hope it helps! good luck!!

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat