Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

spoke with support and told firmware doesnt come from carrier

Go to solution
Journeyman

spoke with support and told firmware doesnt come from carrier

Was i misled.?

Then chatted with samsung, said untrue.

who is correct. its not a factory unlocked note 8.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: spoke with support and told firmware doesnt come from carrier

Hello there! At the moment we don't have any information regarding the Oreo update for the Note 8. I recommend staying tuned here for any updates or if any other Note 8 user reports they started receiving it.

Kelvin
Sprint Social Care
GrandMaster

Re: spoke with support and told firmware doesnt come from carrier

android updates start with Google...then they get pushed to the manufacturers who then do the carrier add ins along with a bunch of testing before they kick it over to the carrier that does additional testing..if no problems are found then the go ahead is given to the manufacturer to kick out the update over that carriers network.

^^^in a quicky nutshell that is how it works start to finish.

which European countries get the updates way before phones here in the states do.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

stop the merry go round for me with the april security patch

i called samsung, they said call sprint and sprint says call samsung.

anyone knows anything?

april security patch on unlocked in europe and almost may. who on the planet can verify, or has a clue of stateside batches being sent. Sprint says they dont push firmware and samsung the same. its crazy.

i've used notes and samsung for years, i know how to check and smart switch shows nothing.

Community Manager

Re: stop the merry go round for me with the april security patch

I know it matters to you and many others, but this isn't something that customer service reps or even community managers like me get or can provide regular updates about.

We're typically notified at the same time that the update is actually released or at most, very shortly before.  You'll notice, for instance, that you got the notification for Oreo before the release notes were published for us to post here.

As soon as we have information to share, we will absolutely do so.

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: stop the merry go round for me with the april security patch

@seawolf wrote:

I know it matters to you and many others, but this isn't something that customer service reps or even community managers like me get or can provide regular updates about.

We're typically notified at the same time that the update is actually released or at most, very shortly before.  You'll notice, for instance, that you got the notification for Oreo before the release notes were published for us to post here.

As soon as we have information to share, we will absolutely do so.

i know unlocked variants abroad has, but hoping we in the great UNITED STATES will get it before the end of May 

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat