cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

still no 4.3 update

Highlighted
Journeyman

still no 4.3 update

I am forced to suffer like the rest of you. this really isn't that complicated to push out an update. im not using kies because it seems like the kies update is what's causing the phone issues. sprint and samsung....shameful. you both know what's going on with the update so just spill already. why are we as dedicated customers still waiting and being lied to??

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Journeyman

You can go to xda developers and get the 4.3 update loaded straight to your phone. Quick and easy. No bugs I've noticed. Its being called the puc update because the baseband version is different than what was previously available. I do think this version is also on kies air. Don't just take my word though. Look around the forum and you'll see most people who have the puc version are very satisfied and are reporting few problems. I myself haven't had one single bug issue.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm not the most tech savvy person around so I have absolutely no clue what you're talking about.

Highlighted
Journeyman

No worries neither am I. There are numerous xda-developers pages like Android Central and such. Just look them up on Google. Go to the forum page for 4.3 update for galaxy S3. There will be an automatic download link. Click on it and the puc update will automatically download to your phone. Then you have to power off your phone. While its off hold down the volume up home and power keys simultaneously. This will put you into your recovery mode. Use volume key to scroll to update from sd card which is where the update will be waiting. If you give me a sec I will look for a link for you.

Highlighted
Journeyman

everywhere I look, the update says it can only be done with kies. I've tried kies countless times and nothing happens.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I was able to download and install through Kies, but my advice is to stick with current O.S for now. Since updating to 4.3, certain apps are crashing & battery life has decreased. And this is only what I have experienced thus far since updating 2 days ago. Also, the native email has changed. I used to have font formatting (changing font type, size, color, underline, italics, etc) within the email, but now its gone. One plus is that the native texting/messaging app now allows group texting as well as texts greater than 160 characters remain as one continuous message and not broken down into 1/3, 2/3, 3/3..etc....

Highlighted
Master

jmaz,

Thank you for reaching out to us! Sorry about the delay on the update. I know how annoying that can be. We don't have an news on the update just yet. All Android updates are pushed in stages by Google. Any information will be announced through www.sprint.com/newsroom or here in the Sprint community pages. We thank you for your patience.

Jacque
Sprint Social Care

Highlighted
Journeyman

You can update manually or wait until your phone's serial number comes up in the list for the update.

To update manually, go to the following page and scroll down to post 1446:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2202175&page=145

Download the zip file to the root of the SD card and then turn off the phone.

Hold down the volume up, home, and power buttons until you see blue text in the upper left corner -- this is the recovery mode.

Use volume down to highlight the option 'apply update from external storage' and use the power button to select it

Use volume down to highlight the update file and use the power button to select it. The update will start at this point.

Highlighted
Journeyman

every time I try to use kies it wont even find the update it freezes up on my computer. and if I use my phone it keeps saying connection error timed out. WTF does that mean I am using WIFI and it times out.

Highlighted
Journeyman

http://android.clients.google.com/pa...Update_FWD.zip

Highlighted
Journeyman

Do I have to be rooted?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Has to be stock.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat