cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera Shutter

Journeyman

Camera Shutter

Hi,

I recently got the samsung conquer and love the phone minus a few things like the camera shutter sound it is crazy loud and I can't figure out how to turn it off.

Does anyone know how to turn of the shutter sound when you take pictures?

9 REPLIES 9
Wizard

Camera Shutter

ndc79,

Unfortunately, this is a Sprint privacy requirement to prevent people from taking pictures without others knowing. There are applications on the market that will allow you to take pictures with out the shutter sound but the picture quality isn't as good as the stock camera application.

Journeyman

Camera Shutter

Hmmm this is knew to me where can I find this policy agreement.  Is this a standard practice across your competitors also?

Journeyman

Camera Shutter

I have an HTC EVO and my camera doesn't make a sound.  My phone is always on vibrate I don't know if that would work for you or not.

Journeyman

Camera Shutter

Also found if I go to menu  then go to settings for the camera and shutter sound is and option to turn off as well.

Journeyman

Camera Shutter

thanks for the suggestions, but no bueno.

I have tried putting my phone on vibrate and for some reason there is no option for sound in the camera settings.  I have even went as far as calling samsung and they said the shutter sound is in the default settings and I don't have the option to change them.

Journeyman

Camera Shutter

Sorry I wasn't any help hope someone finds an aswer for you.

Journeyman

Camera Shutter

Thanks anyway

Journeyman

Re: Camera Shutter

I agree that the loud shutter sound is very annoying.  If we can't turn it off, we should at least be able to turn the volume down.

Patron

Re: Camera Shutter

This is infuriating! I am taking pictures of wildlife and they run the second they hear the shutter sound. Ridiculous. The Galaxy II had this option. Why not the III? I am guessing you just forgot and are making up a stupid policy to CYA.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat