cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Sprint customer with Conquer question

Highlighted
Journeyman

I just signed up with Sprint after being with AT&T for seven years. I have been playing with my new Samsung Conquer getting it all set up. Can anyone tell me if there is a way to chnage icons on the dock? I really don't need the Sprint ID icon there all the time. I have tried everything I can think of and it seems that there is no customization available for the dock on the Conquer without downloading a seperate launcher. Thanks!!

13 REPLIES 13
Sprint Employee

Hello Catchesbass, with most Android launchers, you are not allowed to change the buttons at the bottom of the screen, there are a variety of launchers available in the market which may allow you to change what you want.

No longer working Community Response.
Journeyman

Sorry to hear your with $print. You'll soon be missing AT&T. 

Journeyman

That is why I didn't cancel my AT&T account yet. I have 14 days with Sprint to see how it works out. After seven years with AT&T, I figured I would look around a bit. I have high hopes with Sprint but, in my area, AT&T and Verizon are definitely the most popular. Fingers crossed.

Journeyman

Get out while you can.

Journeyman

That may happen but we will see. Thanks for the heads up?

Journeyman

Okay, I just got back from a trip south of where I live. I had four to five green bars while on the highway. However, when I turned off of the highway and onto a side street, my green bars went away and the 3g symbol and the bars turned gray. I was still able to make calls but I don't know if the data still worked or not. What exactly do the gray bars mean? is this a sign that I was roaming? If so, how does that affect my data plan? I noticed that Sprint states that the unlimited data, messaging, etc. only applies "when on the Sprint network"? This may be the glitch that makes me run back to AT&T as I spend alot of time in the "Gray Bar Zone". Thanks guys. I hate to be a pain but leaving a phone company after seven years is a scary deal. It is almost like a marriage. If you make a bad decision, it is gonna cost an arm and a leg to get a "divorce".

Wizard

Re: New Sprint customer with Conquer question

here is what all the Status Bar look like. Notice for roaming it has the little triangle. You can find the manual for your phone here http://support.sprint.com/global/pdf/user_guides/samsung/conquer/samsung_conquer_ug.pdf?id16=conquer...

Status Bar.png

As for roaming. Roaming is included in your plan but it limited to the following.

Off-network Roaming: The primary use of your Device must be for domestic purposes within the Sprint-owned network. Domestic means use in the 50 United States and U.S. Territories (except Guam). Sprint reserves the right, without notice, to deny, terminate, modify, disconnect or suspend service if off-network usage in a month exceeds: (1) voice: 800 min. or a majority of minutes; or (2) data: 300 megabytes or a majority of kilobytes. The display on your device may not always be on and will not indicate whether you will incur roaming charges. You can monitor usage online through My Account. Roaming is not available with single-band phones, or to customers who reside or whose primary use is outside an area covered by the Nationwide Sprint Network. Sprint may limit or terminate service if you move outside of the Sprint owned-network.

Journeyman

Man, I feel dumb. I never even thought to look at the manual. I am just really cautious. After being with at&t for so long, I have just been "comfortable" with their service. And honestly the biggest reason I am shopping around for a different carrier is price. And I have heard primarily horror stories about Sprint and very few positives. Maybe I am hard headed but I like to find things out for myself rather than base my decisions on reviews. And everyone I know around here locally is either on at&t or verizon. This is alot tougher decision that I thought it would be when I decided to shop for a different carrier.

Wizard

Dont feel dumb, I understand, I have been with Sprint for 12 years. If you looking for review in the sprint community you will hardly find some positive. Costumers just come with there problem, complain, rant, and then they leave. I have been in this community since it was back then buzzaboutwireless.com  Yes there are many horror stories about Sprint. The main reason for this was back in 2006 to 2008 when sprint merge with Nextel thing when down hill and fast in term of costumer service it was bad. Things have change a lot and I will say that the few time that I have to call support they have been able to solve my problem. I have att as my local phone company and internet provider. Recently I been having slow internet at home and costumer service is hit or miss. (meaning you might get one person that will help you and other that has no clue what they are doing). Yet I dont know about costumer service on the wireless side.

I dont know if you saw my post in this thread http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/369117#369117 You can use the network.sprint.com to see the sprint tower in your area sow that you can better have an idea of how the coverage might be (the only problem with this is that there may be more tower in your area but they have not be upgrade or will be upgraded in the 6 month period)

Journeyman

I did check out that link and it looks like there have been some recent upgrades. You are so right about people complaining about things in forums. Rarely do you find positives. I wish I knew some people locally that have Sprint so I can get some actual first hand knowledge. The people at Radio Shack have Sprint and they said that they are happy with their service. A few of the people at Best Buy said the same thing. However, my situation is different than most. I spend alot of time on my local lakes fishing. I am a disabled vet and spend most of my days on the water. With at&t, there are alot of places where I have no signal. My fishing partner has Verizon and he sems to alway have coverage. But Verizon is just as, if not more, expensive than at&t. Sprint is substantially less expensive. I just don't want to have to make really substantial sacrifices to save the money. Also, I would really hate to move all of my line over to Sprint just to find out that they are doing away with their unlimited plan in a few months. My kids tend to use alot data. I think mainly because they leave apps running in th background. Also, I would like to get my wife a smartphone, but I can't afford another data plan with my already insane at&t bill. I will be on the lake tomorrow so I will find out then how coverage compares to at&t. Honestly, if I get good signal on my way to the lake and while I am on the lake, that is good enough for me. The only other places that I go to regularly where coverage is important is Dallas, TX and Shreveport, LA. I need to do some more research about coverage in those area before I make any commitments. Unfortunately, I won't be going to either of those places before my 14 day trial is up.

Journeyman

I've only been with sprint two years and so far I'm really happy and every issue I had has been resolved with customer service, however not always the first call.   I payed fo an app called roam controlle AKA RC.  If you have no sprint signal you can turn this app on and it will connect to the strongest signal.   The only issue is we have limited time on "other networks".customer service can tell you the exact number of minutes available in roam so you agreement will not be breached.   So far Sprints been ok with my roaming out in the country.  I do turn the app off when sprint has a good signal.  You a vet.   Thank you for keeping freedom alive I sincerely with you the best God can give since you've lived trough the worst, for me to have personal freedom.....thank you thank you

Ed

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat