cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Will Not Charge

Journeyman

Phone Will Not Charge

My Samsung Conquer with not charger at all.. i brought a new Samsung Charger and it still want charge and I also use the charger that came with the phone and it want work.. I have to take my batter out and charge it in a battery charger... I don't know what to do!!!

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Phone Will Not Charge

Nicole_22,

Thanks for the post and I'm sorry to see the issues you're having here. It sounds like it may be a connector on the phone that is causing the issue. Have you had the device checked out at a Service and Repair center? They'll take a look and figure out what is causing the issue. You can find your local store here > http://www.sprintstorelocator.com/locator/?INTNAV=ATG:HESmiley Frustratedtore Thanks!

Dan

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

Interesting.  I bought three Galaxy S3 on black friday 2012.  Over two months ago, my son's phone stopped charging.  To be more specific, the actual what is it...micro USB ?  the micro USB port is/was bad. It no longer recognized any charger unit, any usb connector, etc.  It couldn't charge nor connect to a pc.  At the time we thought it was related to him dropping the phone, however, it was only minor damage.  We had an extra battery.  We'd charge it separately and swap the batteries each day.  That phone stopped working completely 7 days ago.  We had to pay dearly to replace it.  No insurance of course.  $250 early upgrade plus the cost of the phone.  $400 later, the phone was replaced.  Jeez.

Today -- my daughter's same phone, with no damage at all, is now showing the same issue.  The micro USB port doesn't recognize anything. Cannot charge, cannot link to a pc.  Sigh.  I'm going to be stuck with another $400.00 charge to replace her phone?!   I hate Sprint.  Truly.  I cannot affort this.

SprintStephanieW,

Thanks for your post. Were either of these devices brought to a service and repair center to be checked out before doing the upgrade? Are you aware of whether the port is loose or if it detached from the motherboard of the device? For a less expensive option, have you checked out the reconditioned devices on Sprint.com? Please let me know. Thanks!

Dan

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

The store I always go to #437, a full service location.  They are listed as having repair services available.  They said that it couldn't be fixed.  The port wasn't loose and was not detached from the motherboard or would've been "free" to move.  It didn't move at all when inserting the cable in the port.

I wasn't advised to take the phone to a service & repair center, nor am I able to search for such a place on sprint.com within store locator.  Like I said, they said it couldn't be repaired.

Yes, we checked out reconditioned devices, but weren't able to find the same phone only phones that were a significant downgrade.  We only wanted the same or similar features, capabilities, and 4G.

$400.00 is incredibly expensive. It's something I cannot afford.  I can't charge it, so I just didn't pay something else.

I have been a customer for at least 12 years (? not sure when I split the account after my divorce how many years I have now).  You have deals for phones for people off the street or for existing customers only when they add a line to their account.  I don't need and don't want a new line.  Why am I not able to just change it or pay the special price or something?

$400 ??!!  I understand from the business side WHY you'd want to do all of this.  Money.  You need to recouperate revenue lost when you offer new phones at significantly reduced prices, or free.  The same for the insurance service charges with the high deductible.  If I had paid the $15/month, with the $150 deductible, it would be $300 per phone to fix and/or replace.  At this point I've spent $400, and will have to spend another $400 to fix the second phone which is completely outrageous.

Regardless, if the phone is broken as a result of nothing we've actually done to the phone, within 10 months of getting the phone, and is now happening on 2 of the 3 phones I bought on the same day..... then there is something wrong with the phones themselves.  The first one had the issue within 7 1/2 months.  The second one 2 months later.  WHY can't you fix it or replace it without have paid the $15/month for insurance on the phone, or at some reasonable cost?  They're defective.  It's apparently only a matter of time before the same happens on the 3rd phone.

Sigh.

I've done a LOT of extensive searching on the internet after having to pay the $400.  The problem is very common with the Galaxy S3 and S4.  It is something that can be repaired.  I could probably do it myself if I knew where to order the part and had a soldering iron or knew someone who has electronics repair background to do it.  OR, I could find someone to do it.  ALL OF WHICH I should've done before paying you $400 to replace it because you refused to fix it at the store.  All I got was no insurance?  Ohhhh (emphasis on the sad, too bad for you tone of voice).

I could've actually added a new line to my account, received the same phone at a HUGE discount or the EVO for FREE.  Then swapped the phones out.  Putting the broken phone on the new number and the new phone on the existing number.  The cost of the additional line would've been cheaper than the cost of the replacement.  And would've been less stressful.

I even liked the EVO.  I bought the original EVO on the very weekend it was released. Paid the $500 for the phone which had some kind of extra super rebate (like half the cost). I actually never submitted the rebate.  Sprint makes money off of me, and has for a very long time. I broke the glass on it, but even with insurance (which I actually had on that phone) the cost of the deductible made it silly to fix.  I just continued to use it until Black Friday when we got the new phones. Again, Sprint making money off of me. I probably would've put the EVO on my number (the main one on the account), given my son my Galaxy S3, and put the broken phone on the new line.

Was that offerred as an option to me?  Heck no.  It didn't even occur to me until yesterday when someone at work mentioned it.

I could've just left the phone on my account as it was, but reduced the services on it like removing the monthly data charge so that it was just $15/month.  Then gone to AT&T to get a new account with a new iPhone and it still would've cost less than what I just spent to replace it.

I'm very very unhappy.  If I could get out of my contract with all three phones, I would.

Message was edited by: SprintStephanieW

Journeyman

AND -- in addition to my last reply --

I was desparate to get the phone fixed or replaced. The place where my son works just closed this past week.  He's looking for a new job, has interviews scheduled, and needs his phone to work.  It just completely died.  It wasn't just the port failing (which it did 2 months ago), it was the complete failure of the phone to even start up anymore with a fully charged battery.  Again --- we can't do anything unless you pay $250 for the cost of an early upgrade - plus the cost of the new phone.

It is very unfortunate that I was under pressure to replace the phone.  It's been one week.  We replaced his phone on September 10.  If I had waited only a day, it would've occurred to me that I needed to just get a new phone with AT&T and just not used the broken one anymore, letting the contract run out or paid the early termination, whichever was cheaper.

I have always done business with Sprint as my cell provider.  Always.  I'm not (obviously) savvy when it comes to finding the right deal or checking options that may be better somewhere else, especially under pressure.  I've always gone to you and been generally happy with what options I was given for upgrades, changes I've needed, or new lines I've added.   I've always trusted you to do the right thing and provide exceptional service.  Primarily, I've not been disappointed.  If there was an issue, it was worked out to our mutual satisfaction.

Right now, not only do I not feel that way, I feel taken advantage of.  I don't want to be a Sprint customer.

Message was edited by: SprintStephanieW

Journeyman

We just had the port on one of our phones "break" also.  I am extremely upset at the "insurance".  I will try, from now on, never to sign a two-year agreement or buy insurance.  What a joke.  I am faced with the same dilemma, the difference will be that the +$300 for insurance only provides me with a used phone, but the near $400 for termination/start-up fees will be for a new phone.

Master

motorsporting,

This sounds pretty crazy. I am a bit confused though, last I heard Asurion does not charge $300 deductibles. Would you mind letting me know how it came to this much?

Additionally, would you mind letting me know the store you were in where it was diagnosed? I would like to reach out to them and see if I can get this figured out.

Sincerely,
*Ben
Social Care

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat