cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone turns off even with a full charge and will not stay on unless plugged in

Journeyman

Phone turns off even with a full charge and will not stay on unless plugged in

My phone just started turning itself off.  It can have a full charge and just turn off while using it.  If I try to turn it back on, it will for a second and then turn off again.  It doesn't do this if it is plugged in.  I haven't downloaded anything new recently.  I took the battery out and let it sit out for awhile and put it back in and it still does this.  I cleared application caches and have turned off some running applications but still it does this.  Help please!

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Phone turns off even with a full charge and will not stay on unless plugged in

I am sorry your phone keeps turning off. Have you tried resetting your device? Here are the reset steps:

1. Turn the power off. If the Samsung Conquer is frozen, pull the battery out and reinsert it

2. Press Volume down and power keys until the word Samsung appears (this will take a while. Approx. 10-15 seconds).

3. Scroll to wipe data/factory reset (using volume down), then press the power button.

4. Highlight Yes — delete all user data (using volume down), then press the power key

5. The process of wiping the phone should only take a few seconds and when it is finished, you will be returned to the previous menu.

6. Ensure reboot system now is highlighted and press the power key. The phone will now reboot.

This will erase everything on your device. Hopefully all your information is backed up.

Ray

Journeyman

Re: Phone turns off even with a full charge and will not stay on unless plugged in

I just reset it and as I was looking at it after turning it back on and playing around for about a minute it turned off again. 

Darnit! It sounds like it is a device issue. Do you have TEP (Total Equipment Protection)? You may want to take it to a service and repair store and have your device tested? www.sprint.com/familylocator.

Ray

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat