cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMS Sync & Outlook Mobile Service Account

Journeyman

Just wondering, I'm interested in using the SMS Sync feature with Outlook 2010.  I like getting my texts in my Outllok mailbox, but I'd also like to reply to texts.  I know Outlook lets you configure an Outlook Mobile Service account, but that you have to put the details in for a provider.  Anyone have experience in this area? 

I tried RedOxygen, but the one thing I don't like is that my message recipient is getting the text from a completely random phone number (one came from area code 540 and another from 650).  I guess this could be happening since I'm using a free trial.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Sprint Employee

Hello Gadgetgrrl, from what I've read on the subject of the newer versions of Microsoft office Outlook's SMS capabilities.I would say the random phone numbers the recipient sees are caused by RedOxygen, you may want to try another provider, or ask them if you subscribe to their service will the peculiarity go away.

No longer working Community Response.
Journeyman

Thanks.  I contacted RedOxygen and got the following reply "You can set up a dedicated number with a paid account in the US, and you can pick your area code. It is best to set up a signature file within the body of the message."

So it sounds like for the free trial, I'll need to set up a signature so that my message recipients know that the message is from me, and that if I sign up for a paid account all messages will come from the same phone number, but it won't necessarily match my mobile number.

Sprint Employee

That's also how I interpret it. They may require that you use a phone number different from your mobile to allow delivery to both outlook, and your Mobile phone.

No longer working Community Response.
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat