cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Conquer Defects...A Policy of Denial

Journeyman

Samsung Conquer Defects...A Policy of Denial

Today I spent an hour at a Sprint store and over 2 hours on the phone with Sprint customer service. I am on my 2nd Samsung Conquer, going on my 3rd. I have had the same problem with both phones and I expect to have the same problem with my 3rd. Like many other people I have had problems with the usb ports. The phones would basically flash back and forth between usb and regular phone mode in appx. one second intervals. An example of this can be found on youtube. Simply type Samsung Conquer and the word crazy! Despite the fact that Sprint is well aware of the defects they say that they are unaware of any problems with these phones. Evidence of multiple defect are all over these message boards. Like many others I was denied an upgrade despite the fact that my problem was not due to my misuse. I even requested a downgrade and was denied. Sprints policy is to simply to continue sending me the same defective model of phone over and over again without ever really resolving the issue. They do however assert that they are #1 in customer service. This is coming from a company that six years ago dropped thousands of their customers due to customer service related issues. I suppose that once you weed out everybody who has a problem with you then its easy no call yourself number one. A policy of denial and only putting band-aids on problems is not good customer service. It just proves that this company, like many others only cares about one thing and thats their own bottom dollar. Anybody who has had similar problems, please let your voice be heard. Social media is our only real tool to fight back so please lets hear it!

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Wizard

Re: Samsung Conquer Defects...A Policy of Denial

You're in a crappy phone model. Just saying.

Best thing you can do would be get yourself into an upper tier model.  Sell your Conquer off for a quick $50, and buy a S3 for $250, an Evo Lte for $200, or a Victory for $150. Gonna have to spend a few bucks. Then when you are eligible for upgrade sell that phone off and recoup a little dough again. Really I would recommend S3 or go home. 

Journeyman

Thank you for your suggestion. I however feel that it is Sprints responsibility to fix the problem. These phones obviously need a recall. They hide behind the fact that they did not manufacture the phones and yet they still sell them regardless of numerous customer complaints on their own message boards. Who knows, maybe if I can complain enough then they will drop me as a customer as they have so many other thousands who have complained. Chances are I wont be that lucky. I just will have to get myself out of this contract and say goodbye to them forever. .

Journeyman

Yes I am going do the same to go back with Verizon they really offer better CS and they replace the phone.... Is a little more expensive but much better service

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat