cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to I keep area code from being deleted when texting?

Journeyman

how to I keep area code from being deleted when texting?

Hello, I recently upgraded to a samsung conquer and it keeps deleting the area code when I text my sister. This is very frustrating and only happens with her contact. Under contacts the number is saved with the area code. But for some strange reason every time I try to text her it deletes the area code and only keeps the seven digit phone number. Please help. I have tried deleting the contact, adding it back. I have tried deleting the dialer history and nothing seems to work. Does anyone have a solution to this? I am very frustrated!

7 REPLIES 7
Journeyman

Re: how to I keep area code from being deleted when texting?

I have the same problem with my daughters number.

Patron

Which SMS program are you using?  I have this same problem with GoSMS.

Wizard

mcarmonaaguirre,

Well that certainly sounds frustrating.  If the issue is only with this individual contact, I would recommend deleting the contact and recreating it.  In some cases, individual contacts can be corrupted and cause strange issues like this.  Try that.  If this doesn't resolve the issue, let us know which SMS program you are using so we can make some recommendations.

Sincerely,

Fergie_B

Sprint Technical Support
Community Hours: 9am-2pm CST Sunday-Wednesday

Journeyman

Fergie,

I have deleted the contact, re-entered with the area code numerous times. However, everytime she sends me a text, it defaults to the number without the area code. When I actually view the contact, the area code is still there. So I cannot text her without hitting forward on the original text then manually entering the area code. This is very frustrating. I am not sure what SMS means? Any help or guidance you can give would be greatly appreciated.

Master

When you deleted the contact did you also delete any existing message threads.    SMS stands for Short Message System   the text messaging ability of you r device.   Are you using any other text messaging programs like handcent or GoSMS.    You would have had to download the application on to your device

Patron

What mcarmon describes is precisely my experience.  I have deleted both the contact and the message threads, to no effect.  When a new incoming text arrives from that person, it reverts to the number without area code, despite what's contained in the contact list, and creates a new text conversation under that number even though you can not reply to it.

I have GoSMS and the default "messaging" app that came with the phone.  The phenomenon occurs regardless of which I am using.  Neither of them appear to store cache, because the cache button is greyed out in the application manager for both.

I've had this problem since I purchased the phone a year ago.

Journeyman

Yes I deleted everything,  the contact, existing emssages everything.  I text using the standard program that came on the phone.and still no luck this is very frustrating!  Someone please. Help.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat