1/16 - Samsung Epic 4G Touch Software Update - S:D710.10S.FL24

Samsung Epic 4G Touch Software Update - SSmiley Very Happy710.10S.FL24

Enhancements/Fixes:

- Adds Sprint Connections Optimizer

See Sprint Connections Optimizer for more info

- Security updates  

Important Notes:

- Software version is: SSmiley Very Happy710.10S.FL24

- Released in stages to devices over a 30 day time period.

- Refer to Samsung Epic 4G Touch Software Updates for install instructions

70 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: 1/16 - Samsung Epic 4G Touch Software Update - S:D710.10S.FL24

For those of you who have heard of a major security issue with this device, FL24 patches it.

It fortunately hasn't been exploited for malicious reasons so the risk has been minimized.

Having said that,

I do highly recommend that anyone using this device move to this or the GA10 Jelly Bean leak as soon as possible.

Both are already available on the internet - sorry, I can't post links here.

Journeyman

Im sorry but I would rather spend time fixing the battery issue than this security patches. I hate my phone now. I cant wait for my contract to end so I can leave you and go to Verizon. You destroyed the galaxy S2 with the update you do 2-3 months ago. I just love how my phone only last 2-3 hrs at the most.

Tony

Journeyman

TCARCAMO wrote:

Im sorry but I would rather spend time fixing the battery issue than this security patches. I hate my phone now. I cant wait for my contract to end so I can leave you and go to Verizon. You destroyed the galaxy S2 with the update you do 2-3 months ago. I just love how my phone only last 2-3 hrs at the most.

Tony

:sigh:  Guess I can't say it enough... Sprint already fixed this - but it's not coming out on ICS.

Don't want to wait for official JB announcement? Get a JB leak - latest is GA10 - and put it on your phone.

You might change your mind about how you feel about this phone - everyone else who has taken my advice has generally felt the same.

Wizard

If you flash FL24, then the GA10, do you still wipe all data?  I'm just curious if this is step one of the theory behind the two step update to JB?  oh wait, I'll just go over to XDA for real information /s

garwynn wrote:

For those of you who have heard of a major security issue with this device, FL24 patches it.

It fortunately hasn't been exploited for malicious reasons so the risk has been minimized.

Having said that,

I do highly recommend that anyone using this device move to this or the GA10 Jelly Bean leak as soon as possible.

Both are already available on the internet - sorry, I can't post links here.

Wizard

Anyone get this update yet? Still haven't gotten it since I tried force pushing the update.

Wizard

Seank_,

Did you trying the update software option in the settings on the phone? If so, it may take a short time for it to hit your phone. Often these updates are staggered so as to not overload the update server. You should see it soon.

Thank you,

Chris

Wizard

I have done that, but normallly I can clear the Google Service Firmware and then force the update to update the phone. I guess its not the case and you think with this security update, it won't expand over the next 30 days. I guess I'll wait...

Chris_ra wrote:

Seank_,

Did you trying the update software option in the settings on the phone? If so, it may take a short time for it to hit your phone. Often these updates are staggered so as to not overload the update server. You should see it soon.

Thank you,

Chris

Journeyman

TCARCAMO wrote:

Tony

I have had two Galaxy S2s since gingerbread. Neither has had any problem with excessive battery drain unless there is an application running or it was out of a service area. I would suggest biting the bullet and doing a factory restore on the phone. I did it on one phone once I received the ICS upgrade and there are no issues.

Journeyman

Update .zip also available on the internet (Link to Google servers) along with instructions on how to do it.

Just search for OTA FL24.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.