Samsung Epic 4G Touch Software Update - S:D710.10S.FL24
- Adds Sprint Connections Optimizer
See Sprint Connections Optimizer for more info
- Security updates
- Software version is: S:D710.10S.FL24
- Released in stages to devices over a 30 day time period.
- Refer to Samsung Epic 4G Touch Software Updates for install instructions
Amazing update, battery life has improve big time now im getting more than 15hr a day easily with medium use. The trick is to do a clean install .
How you perform a clean install? Thanks
To achieve positive results, do this before installing FL24, not after!
1. First back everything up!
2. Go into stock recovery, ( power off phone and press and hold volume up and power at the same time until the screen flashes,
use the volume up and down to navigate and the power button to apply)
3. Select wipe data/ factory reset and click power button to apply. When done, navigate to wipe cache partition, click the power button to apply. Finally, click reboot system now.
4. Now you are set to download the UPDATE FL24, to do this we have to manually push it to our phone.
. Connect to a wifi network for faster download.
. Go to setting, applications, select all, search down for Google Services Framework, click clear data, hit back button three times, then go to setting , system updates, update samsung software,click check now! - if it doesn't pull it down, retry it until the update comes thru. usually after a few tries.
5. Then, charge phone to 100% and click install update, system will reboot and apply the update.
6. Finally when phone boots up , wait for "Finalizing android update" pop up. Then click OK.
7. After update is done! To clear things up and improve performance, repeat step 2 and 3 and your finally DONE!
I dont use it i think it drains the battery very fast, i also have many default apps disabled which i dont use and are battery drainer,, they are google+, ap mobile news , yahoo finance, buddies now, media hub, social hub, sprint mobile wallet, and talk.
Just got the FL24 update a week or 2 ago. Now my 4G turns on by itself when I'm out and about. Drains my battery in a matter of 1hr. Don't have 4G service by me, so I have no need for it.
Any way to permanently shut of 4G?
I'm having trouble getting fl24 on my phone. Received the notification ota yesterday so i clicked Install Now. It started running, reboot the phone, then it took me to the screen with options to Boot system now/apply update from external storage/factory reset/clear cache partition...etc. there's an error message at the bottom: error in /cache/35935f252780.update_sph-d710-fl27_to_fl_fl24.zip (status 7) Installation aborted.
so i selected to reboot the phone, it restarted the phone, pop a box "Finalizing Android update" and a Cancel button...it ran for a minute or so, then said "Android update successful". so i thought i now have fl24, went to About phone, it's still showing Fl27. and Network optimizer no where to be found as one of the options in mobile network.
i know for sure i'm still running fi27, because it said "installation aborted", but why was i seeing the "finalizing android update"? what was it trying to update?
i tried to update to fl24 using OTA, i even downloaded the .zipped file from qbking77 and installed from external storage, factory reset, clear cache partition...no lucks...if i installed from external storage, it'd run for a while but then i'd see a laying down android guy holding a red triangle, i had to remove the battery to get pass that screen.
is there anything else i need to do to get it installed? JB is coming, do i need to have fl24 before i can get JB?
also, my phone is rooted, will i be able to get updates via OTA when JB comes?
The update is failing because your phone is rooted. Your phone's filesystem is no longer supported or secure. Your only option is to unroot and update, or to flash the software on your own. A rooted device is not officially supported by Sprint or the manufacturer.
The "Finalizing Update" is a default Android screen displayed as the phone cleans up any cache files that were created temporarily before the update started.