ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1/16 - Samsung Epic 4G Touch Software Update - S:D710.10S.FL24

Journeyman

Re: 1/16 - Samsung Epic 4G Touch Software Update - S:D710.10S.FL24

whoa thanks for the quick reply ... my photon broke so i bought this used one without knowing it was rooted.  Since it's rooted and I want to be able to get updates, is it possible to go back to un-rooted? can the sprint store unroot this for me or that's what i have to do?

so it was because it's rooted , i'll still receive updates notification from srpint, but i won't be able to get it installed? I really want JB

thanks

i just checked with the person who sold the phone to me...he said the phone is rooted, but the rom is stock...not sure if that'd change anything

Journeyman

this update is not worth the headache

Journeyman

you mean i won't have to get fl24 in order to get JB?

I do still have to unroot the phone in order to get the official JB right? sorry i'm not techi enough, but is there anyway to get it without unroot the phone?

Journeyman

strange...i just tried to update my phone to fl24 via Kies just to see what'd happen, and it let me...I didn't even need to unroot it first ... my phone is now fl24 and of course it's back to unroot...

Journeyman

It has been over a month and I still have not received the FL24 update to my phone.  I know multiple people who I work with in the same office with the same phone who have received this updated.  It is past 30 days for this role out.  Should I be concerned that I have not received the update in a timely manner?

Wizard

Baka-Dubbs wrote:

It has been over a month and I still have not received the FL24 update to my phone.  I know multiple people who I work with in the same office with the same phone who have received this updated.  It is past 30 days for this role out.  Should I be concerned that I have not received the update in a timely manner?

You can either do this.

Install from Kies -> From Samsung -> Plug in phone with your usb. Make sure you unlock your phone once its connected.

Or Force update by going to Settings // Appliactions // All // Find Google Services Framwork // Clear Cache // Disable // Go back to Settings // Go to System Updates // Click on Update Samsung Software & Firmware

This should sync with the Google Servers and give you the update.

Journeyman

Seank_ wrote:

Or Force update by going to Settings // Appliactions // All // Find Google Services Framwork // Clear Cache // Disable // Go back to Settings // Go to System Updates // Click on Update Samsung Software & Firmware

Seank,

Thanks for the help!  This worked great, after restarting my phone the update downloaded and I was good to go.  I appreciate the great advice!

Wizard

Baka-Dubbs wrote:

Seank_ wrote:

Seank,

Thanks for the help!  This worked great, after restarting my phone the update downloaded and I was good to go.  I appreciate the great advice!

Welcome! I would also recommend going to factory settings, because its helps improve the phone. If you do, make sure you backup all your contacts and stuff, unless you have the contacts tied to your Google account.

Journeyman

this "update" was pushed to my phone this morning at 6am while i was getting ready for work, now i have a lovely white background with the yellow 4G on the screen...phone is stuck on this screen. and i have to take off work to go into the sprint store, because i'm due to go out of town this weekend and really need a working phone.

Journeyman

I was having all sorts of crazy problems with my phone since the ICS update until I finally took it to a Sprint store.  They did a factory reset (which I did several times myself) but here was the kicker.  The Sprint rep told me that many of the apps that I had on my phone were causing the problems that were occuring on my phone.  He told me apps like Juice Defender actually drains my battery.  He told me if I were to add any apps, to do it one at a time so that I can see if my phone starts acting crazy again.  I tried a keyboard app and my battery started draining so now I only have the pre-installed apps and my battery lasts over a day and a half.  I just use my iPod touch or iPad for all the other stuff and use the mobile internet for things like Facebook & Twitter.

Now I'm afraid to add this new update after reading all the complaints about it.

Here's a screenshot of my factory reset phone with only pre-installed apps. 

Screenshot_2013-02-20-13-57-32.png

Journeyman

everytime i try to do this through my settings the screen goes black and it says unfortunately the update samsung software has stopped. any suggestions?

Journeyman

I just recently had this problem although I was not updating. i had been having an issue where the phone would just reboot and then come back and say that the battery was dead (even though it was not). Turn it back on again and it wouild be fine. It did this for the final time and then kept recycling through the Sprint splash page and the 4G splash page but never booting up. Took it to the Sprint store and of course they just did a factory reset and had no explaination as to what happened or why. <sigh>

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat