cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1/25 - Samsung Epic 4G Touch Software Update - EL29

Sprint Product Ambassador

@EmilyTheChef - do you have a Samsung Epic or the Samsung Epic Touch? We are aware of the Known Issue Levi4u pointed out for the Samsung Epic, although I have not heard of any reports for the Samsung Touch.

Would you confirm for me if your phone is an Epic or the Epic Touch?

@mmark27_ - you are correct. Our tech support agents would not be able to push this update. Google servers with send the update within the next 8 days.

Disclaimer: I am NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped or answered your question, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Journeyman

I received the update yesterday and now none of my wallpapers scroll with my screens. (i.e. if I move between my 5 home screens all my wallpapers used to scroll with me. Even the stock included wallpaper images were really wide and you could see different parts of them as you moved left or right through screens).

Also, before the update once I got to the far right home screen it would stop and I could only go left. Now it 'loops' around to the far left screen (and vice versa).

I could care less about whether or not my screens 'loop' from far right to left etc. but it is kind of a bummer that my wallpapers (live or stock or otherwise) now only show the very center section no matter what home screen I'm on.

Anyone else have this issue now? Is there a resolution?

This is a known issue that surfaced with the update. Nothing you can do - don't know if it is Samsung or Sprint but they have to change code to fix.

Highlighted
Journeyman

It's a Samsung thing.  iirc it was also present in the EL13 build that was leaked which is where most people started to notice that this was happening.  A simple fix atleast for now till Samsung fixes it (if they ever plan on doing that) is just get another launcher from the market.  The loop effect is also Samsung but I believe that's going to be staying.

Journeyman

Thank you very much. That was a very quick reply.

Sprint Employee

I think it's more a progression in android versus a samsung thing. if you do not scroll the wallpaper, it uses less memory, I noticed it first when I downloaded ADX launcher on my Transform. and now that I have an Evo 3D, I was surprised to see that it does not scroll the wallpaper in Sense 3.0.xxxx

No longer working Community Response.
Journeyman

LOL. As I was writing my thank you on here I got my first call since the update and they changed the way you answer the phone also. different graphics and you dont have to slide your finger nearly as far to answer. I wonder what else this update has in store for me that I dont know about yet.

I'm ok with fixing bugs and security issues etc. but changing the way things work after I've purchased the phone and making me update.... that I'm not too keen on.

Oh well. Bummer.

Thanks again for the replies and I do like this forum thats for sure.

Journeyman

RC1024, if they did it on purpose that's kind of lame. It kinda wrecks the wallpapers I purchased. I would hope my phone has enough memory to scroll an image. It never seemed to have any problems with it.

Journeyman

Re: 1/25 - Samsung Epic 4G Touch Software Update - EL29

ADX still scrolls wallpaper for me.  Could be a setting but It's always done it the main reason for going back to it was cause of this new version of TouchWiz and the fact that it would no longer scroll them.

Matt,

Yeah the incoming screen was changed which was a nice little thing.  There are other things changed that most poeple will not notice the incoming call is something you notice right off the bat though.  Another thing I've been reading from a user (xda) is that the new media hub is kinda borked as well.  Before this update the user had purchased 2 movies from it and as of this update it's now saying he does not own them which he does.  Just something to look out for as well if you buy movies from the media hub (which is something that I do not do) that and the fact that I removed it since I'm rooted.

Hre is ADX with the wall paper scrolling as I'm changing screens.

http://i.imgur.com/0ObwW.png

http://i.imgur.com/853Us.png

Journeyman

Does anyone know of a way to undo the update? I never wanted to have to go the rooted route but it may be time to start googling that. Lame.

I'm now reading posts online where the non moveable wallpaper has been a known issue for sometime but the release was still pushed so folks think it really was intentional and is permanent.

No where did it say the update would mess with the wallpapers. It may be a little thing but the principle of it ticks me off. Time to go to the Android Market and start letting folks know via comments on all the wallpapers I bought that if they want those wallpaper features they need to not purchase an Epic 4G Touch.

I guess I had to learn sometime to never update when you're not having problems. No matter what the update says it does.

Shame on you Sprint. I have nothing but a voice so my voice today is going to post all over the internet about this and suggest folks look for other phones and carriers when doing their shopping.

Journeyman

acidic-e-,

I searched the web for ADX.  I didn't see anything related to an Android launcher.  I did however see an app called ADW.  Is this what you are using?

BTW, looking at your pictures you posted, I like the improved interface.

Thanks.

Journeyman

Yes it's ADW EX (the paid version)

Also do not take anything you see on my UI as stock.  I run a rooted phone and what you see is modded and Nowhere near stock other then I do run the latest EL29 build and nothing more.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat