10/10 - Samsung Epic 4G Touch Software Update - S:D710.10S.FI27

Samsung Epic 4G Touch Software Update - S:D710.10S.FI27

Enhancements/Fixes:

- Ability to edit internal out of office message on Email 

- VPN access over 3G fix

- MMS send/receive over 3G fix 

Important Notes:

- Software version is: S:D710.10S.FI27

- Released in stages to devices over a 14-21 day time period.

- Refer to Samsung Epic 4G Touch Software Updates for install instructions

Message was edited by: dshoem01- added time period for update

118 REPLIES 118
Highlighted
Journeyman

dshoem01, can you please give us an update? Has this update been halted, canceled, actively rolling out?

Journeyman

This "dangling carrot" approach to customers is proof Sprint cannot be taken seriously any more.

PUT THE FILE OUT ON THE WEB FOR US TO DOWNLOAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NexTel was a business oriented company. Sprint is a bunch of kids (have you attempted to speak with Tech Support recently) who only know about playing games on their phones.

I spent an hour on the phone with Tech Suppot a few minutes ago, trying to get the update. She had me Update the Profile, CLear Data for Google Services Profile, tap, Update Samsung Software, etc. etc.

She put me on hold, said you can go to the store and get the update. I said no I can't, I was there yesterday. She put me on hold again, and came back and said, go to the store to get the "latest" I just spoke with Patrick and he said they have it.

I told her, AGAIN, I was just at the store yesterday, they don't have FI27, are you telling me they got it in this morning? I asked to be conferenced in and sure enough the guy at the store said, yes, we can load the latest release to your phone. I asked, and what is the latest release? FF13. 

PUT THE FILE OUT ON THE WEB FOR US TO DOWNLOAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message was edited by: dshoem01 - removed inappropriate comment

Highlighted
Journeyman

AMEN BROTHER!!!  Almost a full week and no sign of the OTA, and KIES still indicates FH13 is the latest firmware.  KIES is a Samsung thing - so it's both Sprint AND Samsung who have dropped the ball on this.  I really can't figure out how either of them think this is an acceptable way to run a company.  If I did my job this sloppily I would have been fired a long time ago!

Come on Sprint, Samsung, help us out PLEASE!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I downloaded FF13 via Kies. The Kies prompted me to download an update for it on Saturday. I assumed that would mean the FI27 would come with that.

It didn't.

I called Sprint today and told them I refuse to pay my past due bill until they get this update to me. They gave me a two week extension. I suggest you do the same!!! The CEO of Sprint needs a wake up call!!

We're not children and don't want to be treated this way any more.

I have absolutely had it with having a phone that cannot switch from the Airave to Roaming, which essentially chains me to my house until I complete my call. On occassions where I felt I could hang up and call back, I have made it very plain and clear to the person I am speaking with that I have Sprint and Sprint is a "rinky dink" company who can't even afford to put a tower near my home, way out in the "boondocks, 10 miles north of Tampa."

Highlighted
Journeyman

FYI, I just got off the phone with Sprint. They said the latest is FH13 and had no clue about FI27. Looks like the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing. So frustrated....

Highlighted
Journeyman

I just got off the phone with Sprint Tech Support, who called me based on an email I sent, and was told "I need to go to the store to get the latest."

I challenged her as to what is the latest and told her I need FI27. She called the store and the store told her, you already called today, the latest we have is FF13.

She then told me, "well, you have to talk to Samsung, because Sprint has no control over the updates."

I challenged her. Told her I was never told in the two years that I've had Samsung Phones that I needed to contact them directly. She apologized, telling me she is sorry no-one has told me this before.

She transferred me to Samsung. Samsung had me connect the phone and open Kies. Kies stated I have the latest Firmware. (Incidently, I wish these people would at least get their terms straight, Kies calls it Firmware, the phone calls it Build, but you are supposed to tap "Update Samsong Software" to check for the Update, not Firmware.

Anyway, Kies did nothing.

He then escalated my call and I was told, "no this update will NOT come through Kies, I don't know why the previous tech had you try Kies. It says in the documentation it will only be OTA."

I said, "I don't know why he told me that, he works for your company, ask him."

Anyway, he told me that the "OTA is at Sprint's discretion, as to when we will get it."

And so there we go, Full circle to no-where.

In the mean time, I refuse to pay my bill.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I received the OTA this morning. I really haven't had any of the problems and this update is no different. I notice certain apps run hot and/or battery drain some after they are installed. I delete them and things go back to normal.

Just a heads up that they update is for real.

Highlighted
Journeyman

This entire issue with this phone reminds me of the Zipper at the local fair..... You start at the bottom it builds up speed then it shoots you to the top only to go screaming back to the bottom.

Im so done with trying to explain these same issues to the people at the store, who point you to tech support, that send you to escalations who send you to tech support, who sends you to the store.  who point you to tech support, that send you to escalations who send you to tech support, who sends you to the store.who point you to tech support, that send you to escalations who send you to tech support, who sends you to the store.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Good to know the update actually does exist.  Why in the world is it not available in KIES???!!!  The last update (FH13) was available almost immediately via KIES - in fact for pretty much the rest of the PLANET, KIES is the official way updates are pushed.  Of course the U.S. carriers don't care about making things easy for their customers, they just want to make sure their customers are locked down as tight as possible so they can't do anything without going through the carrier.  But why would you want to use technology to accomodate your customers in a timely fashion (release updates to KIES immediately) anyway?   Especially when you've got your customers by the #$%@s and they don't really have any choice but to bend over and take it?

The sad thing is there is someone at sprint and someone at samsung who could fix all of this.  They either don't have the authority or any process to get it done (too much bureaucracy).  I know - I work for a large corporation and nothing is simple.  The bureaucracy is absurd.

So it looks like we will EVENTUALLY get the update.  We just have to wait for the inept bureaucracies to slowly spin their wheels...

Highlighted
Journeyman

went from fi25 to fi27 from a odin one click root on xda fourms isnt really much of a differences but mobile data does seem a bit faster but i think its due to pimp my rom tweaks i have a friend who works at sprint service department and he thinks sprinrt should tell users how to root their phone as apple now lets people jailbreak their phone because some tweaks do really make a huge improvement on your phone and i plan to keep my e4gt for awhile even if my contact is due soon

Highlighted
Journeyman

What a joke. The update was anounced a week ago and only 1 person at this forum claims to have got the OTA update. Has anyone else got the OTA update?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Just got this OTA this morning, have not installed it yet.. i was waiting to get word on what it is before proceeding with install.. I totally HATE the PUSH tactics at Sprint.. When my contract is up in totally bailing on this carrier. Either that or ill just Root.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat