cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

10/10 - Samsung Epic 4G Touch Software Update - S:D710.10S.FI27

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: 10/10 - Samsung Epic 4G Touch Software Update - S:D710.10S.FI27

Guys I think you miss the most important thing, this update will not add anything but this:

Office message on email.

VPN accesacceso on 3G

MMS send/received over 3G

So Nothing more nothing Less no mgical battery fix no magical performance fix Just THAT above and nothing more. Smh

Highlighted
Journeyman

MMS send/received over 3G nope I still have MMS stuck in sending mode. Receieved 1 MMS but all others stuck!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I've noticed my Kies Air doesn't work anymore either.  Not a terrible problem but annoying.  Haven't noticed much difference with the battery life since the reset, the OS is still using the most % of the battery

Highlighted
Sprint Product Ambassador

One of my daughter's phone got updated to FI27 2 weeks ago, my other daughter's phone got updated last week.

1. The one got updated 2 weeks ago has been working great so far.  My daughter is a pretty heavy user especially with Google Navigation  She had awful problem with FH13, but I have not heard her complaining so far.

2. The one got updated last week had some battery issue at the start.  My daughter said that she dis a "re-callibration?" and the problem seems to have gone away.  I had no idea what that was yet, when I find out will post back here.

HB

* Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.
Highlighted
Journeyman

peakay2002 wrote:

I installed the OTA and am having rapid battery drain -- 'Andorid OS' is usually a much smaller drain than the display (5-8%), but now Android OS is showing 57% of the drain in the last 24 hours!

The issue swith the ICS update and battery drain were never a problem on my phone, but now I seem to have them.  I put my phone in my gym bag yesterday with 40% battery and it was nearly dead 2 hours later.

Anyone else experiencing this?  Any ideas?  Is there any way to roll back to the prior state of my phone?

Thanks.

I have the exact same issue since my update on 10/29!

Highlighted
Journeyman

My battery is better with this update. Now it lasts about 4 hours instead of 2-3 hours.

I cannot wait to switch when my contract is up.

Highlighted
Journeyman

HI222 wrote:

peakay2002 wrote:

I installed the OTA and am having rapid battery drain -- 'Andorid OS' is usually a much smaller drain than the display (5-8%), but now Android OS is showing 57% of the drain in the last 24 hours!

The issue swith the ICS update and battery drain were never a problem on my phone, but now I seem to have them.  I put my phone in my gym bag yesterday with 40% battery and it was nearly dead 2 hours later.

Anyone else experiencing this?  Any ideas?  Is there any way to roll back to the prior state of my phone?

Thanks.

I have the exact same issue since my update on 10/29!

Thanks for posting -- EVERYONE WHO IS HAVING THIS ISSUE, PLEASE POST!  SPRINT NEEDS OT HEAR THIS SO WE CAN GET THIS FIXED.

Highlighted
Wizard

I have yet to get this update.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Seank_ wrote:

I have yet to get this update.

Ditto. However, a Sprint employee posted in these forums that the roll out period is from 10/10/2012 to 11/10/2012, so supposedly it is still rolling out.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Mine's same. I updated 10/28. Then the battery drained very fast. Only 20% left after 24hrs without any call. Then same for today (20% left). Before I updated, it will last about 3 days to go to 20% level.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Honestly, Sprint really sucks. This FI27 just killed my user experience!

My Samasung Galaxy SII (Epic 4g touch) was working perfectly before the last update included the dreaded SPRINT ID. This thing has caused me nothing but problems ever since.

It was automatically downloaded and, initially, didn't do anything. But I kept getting the "Sprint ID error." So I was like, "hmmm, what is this thing?" I tried to uninstall it, but of course there was no link to it in the Applications list. SO I clicked on Sprint ID and clicked "Samsung" as the ID Pack just to see what it does. (Well, let this be a warning to anyone who hasn't yet installed Sprint ID, just let your phone keep crashing the Sprint ID app, instead of clicking on Sprint ID.) Because ever since then, it installed the "NEW" launcher app on my phone which wiped out all my screens that I had up to that point. I had widgets setup for my email, calendar, directories, etc. All my work info gone. Of course, all that info was still on my phone, I just lost all my convenient access to it that I've setup over the past year. My business productivity went down to ZERO! While futily trying to get my old home screens back, I finally realized, "Ok, I'll just deal with the new Sprint ID launcher and spend the next 2 days it takes to re-do all my 5 home screens."

Well, I've spent the past 2 days doing just that...setting up my email widget, calendar widget, bank widget, transactions widgets, etc, etc, etc. And then my phone started hanging, something will crash, and all my widgets will be gone...disappeared! And my phone has been crashing ever since. Everytime I try to redo my home screens, they eventually disappear, and I have to redo it. It's happened around 10 times already.

At this point, I'm relegated to having an entirely blank 5 home screens. Cuz if I add anything, it will only disappear anyway. I am forced to open my application list and search for anything I want to do on my phone.

I have 5 phones on my plan. I'm honestly ready to just dump Sprint and go with Verizon. I've just been entirely soured by this whole process. I've called customer service who didn't seem to have a solution. Except that when I ask if anybody else has complained about this, they said a lot of people have.

Why oh why did Sprint have to add some ****** piece of bloatware to our phones to essentially cripple it. I'm ready to throw my phone out the window...

Highlighted
Journeyman

As of today 10/31, my wife didn't recieve her update, so I forced it to download.

settings>applications>select all running apps>Google Services Framework. Tap clear data then force stop. Go to System Update and tap Update Samsung Software.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat