10/10 - Samsung Epic 4G Touch Software Update - S:D710.10S.FI27

Samsung Epic 4G Touch Software Update - S:D710.10S.FI27

Enhancements/Fixes:

- Ability to edit internal out of office message on Email 

- VPN access over 3G fix

- MMS send/receive over 3G fix 

Important Notes:

- Software version is: S:D710.10S.FI27

- Released in stages to devices over a 14-21 day time period.

- Refer to Samsung Epic 4G Touch Software Updates for install instructions

Message was edited by: dshoem01- added time period for update

118 REPLIES 118
Highlighted
Journeyman

I can confirm this update worked just follow instruction. Plus it fixed 4g speeds now i get around 3 mbps in brooklyn when before it just did not work at all. However, 3g speeds suck at 130kbps.

Finnaly working  4g.

Thanks Cooljb

Highlighted
Journeyman

LITTLEMOONHIME wrote:

Do you actually have this new one FI27 or did you just install the first one or second one they sent out? FF18 or FH13?

Yes, I have the new release and I NEVER had the battery drain issues until this version. 

Is anyone else experiencing fast battery drain?  Each day, "Android OS" is showing as the major battery hog, even more than the large screen on the phone.  This never used to be the case.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I too will confirm this update posted here does indeed work.  Just follow the instructions and it will work flawlessly.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I just updated and so far my 4g is a lot worse than on FH13 see screen shot. I also haven't been able to get my GPS to lock and it used to always lock at my house. Hopefully it slows down the battery drain.

Screenshot_2012-10-20-06-58-29.jpg

Highlighted
Journeyman

My gps did start locking. It now locks in less than 5 seconds. Also the 4g was a sprint problem. My wifes phone that is still on fh13 was slow too. I went somewhere else where I would be connecting to a different tower and it was up to 6+ mbps. For the first time since ICS Android OS is not using more battery than screen is. So far so good. only time will tell.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Reply to comment from CAS818028 10/18, 2012 2:16 PM - I just got F127 OTA this mornig. You reported major troubles with Gallery, Camera and Storage ap. I'm happy to report that I had none of these problems. All three work just fine - exactly the same as before the update.

Highlighted
Wizard

Cooljb,

Sorry for the delay in responding. 

Most all the software updates are released in stages.  How long of a timeframe can vary by device, type of update, number of devices to receive the update, etc. I've updated the original post with a 14-21 day time period for the update to reach all devices.  This is an estimation, but I can assure you the update is being sent to devices now.     

Highlighted
Journeyman

Just because you didnt directly expierence doesnt mean anything. Like I said this is specific to some sd cards you and I probably have a different external sd card OR you may not have an sd card at all. Once I pulled my sd card out I did not have this issue. Once I rolled back to GB and put my sd card back in I also did not have this issue. Also with builds FF18 and FH13 I never had this issue either. Its something very specific to FI27 and certain sd cards. I even tried reformatting my sd card and copying all my files back to it. Thinking maybe I had bad sectors or something like that on my sd card. But that still did NOT solve the issue.

Highlighted
Wizard

GalSII,

These software updates are pushed from Google's servers and are posted on Sprint's forums the day Google begins the rollout.  It is released in stages and device selection is random, so it could be several days before someone's device receives the update.  The stores do get the software to update devices for those having issues getting the update applied; however; they don't receive the software as soon as the OTA is available.  It could be a week or so before it's available to the retail stores. 

Thanks,

Desi

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint keeps deleting my messages.

THey contain my opinion, which I understand are under their domain to "filter" becaus this is their forum, however I am paying for it, in that they have no business without you and me.

My opinion is that they are deleting real life experiences from adults (because we all know, when companies like "Beats" who sell ALL SIZZLE and refuse to publish specifications rule, the business is gone to pigs.

If the Japanese were to read these comments/opinions, that might tarnish their reputation and give the Japanese an "upper hand" in the deal.

Since Sprint has already determined they will sit on the sidelines rather than agressively support Microsoft with their WIn 8 Phone, they also admit they are entirely inferior in terms of the technology.

They are at the extreme a "me too" vendor who is so pitiful they can't even offer service in "boondocks" places like 10 Miles north of Tampa.

This message will be deleted soon, so enjoy it while you can.

YOU WANT THE TRUTH, SPRINT?       ----     YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

So after doing a lot of complaining after the ICS update concerning my greatly reduced 4G speep (8-10 mbs down to 1-2 mbs) I'm happy to report my 4G speed to back!!!!

Also haven't noticed any new problem today.

Highlighted
Journeyman

My son's phone got the OTA update today.  Right from the start his phone kept freezing due to problems with Sprint ID.  If I restarted the phone it would freeze and then get a pop up about Sprint ID.  I'd try to open apps and same problem.  Any time I installed or uninstalled an app same problem with Sprint ID.  Sometimes after it would crash & start up on it's own random apps would start on their own.  I couldn't open Sprint ID from his apps.  It would just crash.  This was not a problem prior to this update.  A factory reset seems to have fixed the problem.  I noticed that Sprint ID is now Mobile ID in his app drawer after the reset, but still Sprint ID if you go to manage your apps. 

The dreaded "data roaming" notification has yet to pop up so that's a good thing.  Reception on his phone is much better.  We were having problems with him receiving calls. Many times calls would go straight to VM and so far (knock on wood) no issues there.  I'm hoping this improves his battery life.  Maybe with it not going into "roaming" mode all the time it will help. 

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat