cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

10/10 - Samsung Epic 4G Touch Software Update - S:D710.10S.FI27

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: 10/10 - Samsung Epic 4G Touch Software Update - S:D710.10S.FI27

Have the wimax issues been resolved with this new build?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Observationally it seems that FI27 has the same fixes that FI25 had, so I would suspect there have been *some* fixes.

In my office it's stable on occasion, which is better than nothing.

I want to add a caveat here because there are so many possibilities that your specific issue may or may not be resolved.

Best to update, check and report back to Sprint - specifically the store tech support - so they can track and report the issue to the developers.

Highlighted
Journeyman

so there ARE indeed signal strength/speed improvements?

Highlighted
Journeyman

FI25 changelog snippet that was leaked says yes.  (That should be rolled into FI27)

Highlighted
Journeyman

Has anyone actually got the OTA update yet?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I installed the OTA and am having rapid battery drain -- 'Andorid OS' is usually a much smaller drain than the display (5-8%), but now Android OS is showing 57% of the drain in the last 24 hours!

The issue swith the ICS update and battery drain were never a problem on my phone, but now I seem to have them.  I put my phone in my gym bag yesterday with 40% battery and it was nearly dead 2 hours later.

Anyone else experiencing this?  Any ideas?  Is there any way to roll back to the prior state of my phone?

Thanks.

Highlighted
Journeyman

My phone has had the exact same issue ever since ICS as well. The OS they sent us is BAD. Do you actually have this new one FI27 or did you just install the first one or second one they sent out? FF18 or FH13?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Two days and counting and as far as I can determine FI27 is nowhere to be gotten (other than xda - which is not an option for most people).  I have been scouring the internet for the last two days to see if anyone anywhere has reported receiving this update.  And it's nowhere to be found.  I have been trying KIES for the last two days - it still incorrectly indicates FH13 is the latest firmware for the SII.  Sprint, help us out please.  When you post something on your public forum and it turns out to not be true, it alienates your customers, and it's just not good business.  It give the impression that as a company, Sprint doesn't know what they are doing.  If this were an isolated occurence it wouldn't be a big deal, but this is business as usual for Sprint unfortunately.  I know the sprint people who post on this forum are probably getting jerked around by Sprint just as much as their customers.  They are hung out to dry and take the wrath of unhappy customers who are tired of Sprint's poor communication and follow-through.

If in fact there is a firmware version FI27, PLEASE for the love of all that's holy actually release it!  By posting it's availability and then not making it available for days you only raise customer's expectations and then make them more angry and distrustful when you fail to follow through.  And given the history of failures with the ICS update for this phone, you would think Sprint would be extra careful to follow through on it's attempts to rectify the situation.  If anybody with any authority/power is reading this, again I beg you PLEASE get on ball!  If there is no update available or it's been delayed (which obviously it has!) then COMMUNICATE that to your customers!  Don't just leave this hanging out there for days on end.  People do notice, and people do care.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I second what Cooljb said, communication communication communication!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Three days and counting... And still no sign of the OTA, and KIES still says FH13 is the latest firmware.  And still not a peep from sprint...

Highlighted
Journeyman

My OS says it is using 83% of battery!  I was unaware of any updates and had at first thought my battery was going bad til someone told me to check the battery usage. I am beyond ticked at this point.  HELP SPRINT!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Has anyone received this update either via Kies or OTA?  I mean, this thread was started a week ago and I'm sire that there are thousands of people who are eagerly awaiting an update to fix our damn phones...and if not then when is it gonna be released?!?

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat