cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3/28 - Samsung Epic 4G Touch Software Update - GB27 (Jellybean Android 4.1)

Master

Re: 3/28 - Samsung Epic 4G Touch Software Update - GB27 (Jellybean Android 4.1)

After installing it I went to update an app and got an "Insufficient Storage Available" error, So I go into Manage Apps and notice ALL sprint bloatware was reinstalled with it, And you can not uninstall it like you could before the update, you can only disable them, which does not clear up any memory. UGH!

My phone has also restarted itself 3 times where it never done that before, after it done it the first time the battery went from a full charge to 28% with being off the charger for only 19m 28s.

Wizard

Hey Levi, did you factory reset after the update? That should help some. Also, just clear data in manage apps for google framework service, Google Play and google play services. Then restart. Should clear up your install issues. I know you know how to do all that and you may have tried already.

Have this on my wife's and haven't had an issue at all with it. Occasionally the screen won't turn on requiring a hard reboot, but that's common for this phone. I also have that shutter toggle in my post above on her phone.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I've been wanting to get the update and went to Sprint.. They had NO idea what I was talking about and said it was pushed back till April 1st.. And here I'm seeing everyone else is getting it. It won't come up on Kies Air at all and I'm using the Desktop Utility for Mac. Of course Samsungs downloads only has it for Windows and Vista. Does anyone know how I can get this update?

Journeyman

Does anyone know if you can add shortcuts to the lock screen and how? The camera launch option from the lock screen is nifty.

Journeyman

We've noticed since my husband did the Jelly Bean update this morning, that he can't access the Settings menu.  Every attempt to launch Settings, he gets an error that it has stopped and he has to exit.  Any fix to this?

Journeyman

Lock screen widgets ARE available with this update. If you look under the settings, Personal, and you should see lock screen. second option is "lock screen options". top item says Shortcuts. First tap the little "o" to turn it on, then tap ON the word "shortcuts". you can then add and edit the shortcuts that appear on the Lock screen.

Journeyman

To add lock screen widgets go to settings, lock screen, lock screen options. slide the slider to  turn on shortcuts then click the word shortcuts to choose the ones you want.

Journeyman

The update went smoothly, but Jelly Bean has NOT fixed the problem with my phone!  As soon as I hit a low reception area it starts acting possessed and gets glitchyand kills the battery!  WTH?

Journeyman

I updated my SII today and I don't see the Smart Stay feature. Its not in my settings anywhere. Other than that I love the update! Google Now is awesome!

Journeyman

I updated two of our phones yesterday.  One is working perfectly.  The other is back to the battery issues (rapid battery drain, battery suddenly dropping or increasing by 30-40% when restarting phone).  I couldn't get the Gallery to open after the installating due to storage issues.   This phone also had an issue with the usb storage after updating, which had to be reformatted.  I also get the "insufficient storage" error when installing apps.  I'm going to do a factory reset to see if that helps.  I'm regretting not doing the factory reset prior to updating.   *Note:  I've had problems with this phone prior to the update.  A battery replacement a month or two ago fixed the problems.  Now I'm back to the same problems.  This issue most likely is a phone issue and not an update issue. 

Journeyman

I like the JB setup but I notice several issues that I didn’t have before. I did complete reset before and after I install the update, clear the cache and pull the battery.

The first one is the screen is using 80% or higher when i view the battery screen. In the power saving mode I check the screen saving option but it looks like it didn’t change anything.

The second issue I notice that sometimes it’s losing the 3G connection and you need to toggle the airplane mode to fix it.

Journeyman

I also noticed the same issue with the screen when checking battery usuage. 

A reset fixed the "storage" issue, but did nothing at all for the battery issues.  Battery was at 58% and after doing a restart it's down to 20%.  Looks like I'll be making a trip to the Sprint store. 

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat