cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3/28 - Samsung Epic 4G Touch Software Update - GB27 (Jellybean Android 4.1)

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: 3/28 - Samsung Epic 4G Touch Software Update - GB27 (Jellybean Android 4.1)

I am totally wondering the same thing too.  I already have 4.1.2. smh!

Journeyman

Me too. I was wondering what was going on.

Journeyman

I would wait to update. I installed jellybean last week and having major issues with the software. Batteries failing / swelling, phone freezing and phone turning itself off. Jellybean isnt any different than ics so I would wait on the update till the bugs have been fixed.

Journeyman

Did the GB27 update on both my wife and my phones, smooth a silk. Been running a week now and have zero issues. Wifi reception seems a bit better too.

Journeyman

I wouldn't download GB27. I did it on one phone but will not on the other. With GB27 and 4.1.2 the phone will reboot 4 or 5 times on it's own. I will be on a call and the phone just shuts down and starts up again. It will also lose all connection data to Wi-Fi's I have set up. Every other day I have to reconnect to my home Wi-Fi and put in the password. Not good unless this is a new feature for not storing passwords on the phone.

Charlie

Journeyman

Hi all . I would like to update to jellybean . I'm currently ICS 4.0.4 , build number is IMM761.FL24 . My phone runs fine . that being said I would like to know that in case of a nightmare that I could somehow revert back to ICS if need be . Does anyone know where I could obtain the ics build to have it on hand and the instructions on how to do it ? I'm holding off on doing this until I have the build and procedure in place . I notice some users say they flashed back to ics . My phone isn't rooted and i have no experience at doing this but I am technically inclined . I really don't want to root or anything like that . I just want to be able to do the equivalent of an ICS factory sprint restore . Can anybody advise please?

Thanks , MD

Journeyman

Hi SuperGoober, I don't know if you already found a solution to going back to ICS if you every updated to Jellybean, but I know a good website that will help you go back to ICS if you ever wanted to. I've used it so I know it works fine. The website is qbking77.com or this is the direct link to go back to ICS: QbKing77 Unroot/ Unbrick the Samsung Epic 4G. He gives and shows you the steps to do it and it's easy to follow. He has other videos like rooting your device.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat