cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3/28 - Samsung Epic 4G Touch Software Update - GB27 (Jellybean Android 4.1)

Journeyman

Re: 3/28 - Samsung Epic 4G Touch Software Update - GB27 (Jellybean Android 4.1)

This did work for me as well, and it sucks. I guess I will back up my device and do a factory reset so that I don't have to keep turning off the bluetooth to access my settings.

Thanks for the quick fix!

Journeyman

Hi garwynn, it seems JB use more battery then ICS especially the screen. When I check my battery usage the screen using 60-80% of the battery. When I search it I found that the S3 users complain about fast battery drain in JB. Any way to fix this issue? I turn on the battery save option but it doesn’t look it change that much.

I did factory reset before and after the update and clear the cache each time. I don’t mind doing another reset if that’s going to solve the problem.

Journeyman

jnsrw785 wrote:

Hi garwynn, it seems JB use more battery then ICS especially the screen. When I check my battery usage the screen using 60-80% of the battery. When I search it I found that the S3 users complain about fast battery drain in JB. Any way to fix this issue? I turn on the battery save option but it doesn’t look it change that much.

I did factory reset before and after the update and clear the cache each time. I don’t mind doing another reset if that’s going to solve the problem.

I would give it a few days and let the battery settle down.  Minimize 4G use and stay on wifi/3G when possible.   Use the factory charger.  Reduce the screen timeout delay.

I actually went from shorter battery life to much longer from ICS to JB.  If you see the opposite and the above doesn't apply I would honestly check your battery.

Seems like it may be on the way out.

Journeyman

I upgraded to jellybean . I can't seem to find where i can set the frequency my phone checks for email?  Thanks

Journeyman

jim5858 wrote:

I upgraded to jellybean . I can't seem to find where i can set the frequency my phone checks for email?  Thanks

You probably won't - most are push (asynchronous) notification based now.

Only email option that may even have it is the stock app - for POP3 mail as an example.

Wizard

Spencemo75751,

Thanks for posting, I'm sorry you're having issues with the update. Have you tried powercycling (turning the phone off for 5 minutes, then back on)? If that doesn't ameliorate the issue, my recommendation would be to go to the nearest Sprint Service and Repair center. Please let me know if you need assistance finding the nearest repair center in your area.

Andrew B.

Sprint Social Care

Wizard

SharksFan98,

Thanks for posting, I am happy you found a workaround and for sharing that with the others on this thread, it is most appreciated. The workaround is awesome, but a service and repair visit would help as the technicians are 'on the ground' with these devices daily and may have a solution to the issue that does not require you to turn off bluetooth functionality. Again thank you for posting and please keep us apprised.

Andrew B.

Sprint Social Care

Wizard

4gEpicTouch56,

Thanks for posting. I know you're frustrated and I don't want to sound redundant here but I would recommend a service and repair center visit; the technicians see theses issues everyday and may have a solution although we really appreciate the incredible work done by others here on the board. Please keep us apprised.

Andrew B.

Sprint Social Care

Wizard

WVTip,

Thanks for posting and sharing your workaround, does the issue remain under control or has it returned? Have you visited a service and repair center? Please let us know.

Andrew B.

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

Morning,

I went to the Samsung website yesturday in order to do this and it asks for the model of your phone (in the drop down menu) but it gives two options: SPH-D710KASPR and SPH-D710ZWASPR. How are you supposed to know which one to use or does it matter? I looked at the information under the battery, as stated to do on their website, but there is nothing on that tag that contains either of the above options. I also looked under "about phone", on the phone, and found nothing that contained this information either. I was just wondering if you knew of another spot this information might be under.

Thanks so much.

Journeyman

I'm not sure where to find that information. The easiest way to access the download is to just google Samsung jelly bean. Then just click on the Samsung link for Android 4.1-Jelly Bean. Then select the link for the Sprint S2.

i was going to paste the link, but my phone won't paste into this box. Maybe some other kind soul will post it.

Good luck.

Journeyman

I had the same question when I saw that but I think KASPR is the black phone and WASPR is the white phone.  My phone is black so I selected KASPR from the drop down menu.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat