cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3G / 4G There IS no difference! downloading 4 app updates takes over 2 hours!

Highlighted
Journeyman

3G / 4G There IS no difference! downloading 4 app updates takes over 2 hours!

My Samsung Epic Touch is ridiculously SLOW!!! First of all if your going to spic tech jargin at me save your breath, I'm not a techy BUT I do represent your average smart phone user and as an average user I expect my phone to work the way it did when I took it home 3 months ago.  I've downloaded about 12 apps since then, f/b, draw something, sudoku, ect... and amazingly not when I send a text message it takes about 5-10 seconds to send.  Surfing the net inside or outside switching between 3G and 4G there is NO difference and yes, I see when the icon appears that tells me when there is 4G in the area or not.  I started watching a movie and at the beggining I clicked update apps, 4 of them. (f/b, draw something, flixter and flash). I recieved an "ERROR" for f/b and adobe flash and STILL downloading draw something and flixter and the movie is OVER!

Yes I just downloaded an App killer     * No difference

Yes I cleared my cache, history, etc     * No difference

Yes I removed my battery                      * No difference

Yes I tried a few anti virus apps like

Norton and Lookout and no not at

the same time                                         *No difference

I upgraded to this phone because my Samsung Epic was too damn slow and now my Samsung Epic Touch that I've owned for 3 months just became SLOWER!!!!

AND WHEN THE HELL is this Ice Cream Sandwich update supposed to happen and will it speed up my phone?

I'M SOOOOO FRUSTRATED WITH THIS I'M ABOUT TO CHANGE CARRIERS BUT HESITANT BECAUSE I'VE BEEN WITH SPRINT EVER SINCE THEY HAD CALLING CARDS!!

Sprint - What is going on?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Journeyman

I've got the Touch as well.  3G speeds are pretty slow for me but thats more the result of the network and not the phone.  When I've been in areas with 4G it has performed pretty fast for me.  Sounds like there could be an issue with that paticular phone but I'll defer to the sprint guys with the little pin drop icons.

Highlighted
Master

Reading your post   I see where you stated you started an update of 4 applications and were watching a movie at the same time.  That puts a pretty heavy load on the device at one time.  It looks like both Facebook and adobe flash failed to update and it is still having problems updating the other two applications.   Do I have what happened correct? 

With the epic I would not worry about a task killer application being on the device.  Have you run a speed test on the device to see how fast it is going?  Are you able to access the internet using both 3g and 4g?  Have you tried turning off all 3rd party application and testing the internet?

Highlighted
GrandMaster

the fact that he was updating 4 apps at once is enough to bog the phone down..let alone watch a movie at the same time. and if memory serves i dont think google has fixed the problem of updating/downloading more than a couple apps at once without running into issues, which started right after it got switched to the play store...or google play..or whatever its called

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat