cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G in Akron Ohio?

Journeyman

4G in Akron Ohio?

Back in November 2010 when I had bought my Samsung Galaxy S, I was told that 4G was not currently in my location (Akron, OH), but it was promised to be in my area around Jan1st 2011. Why is it a year later and I still do not have 4G available in my area?  Every time I have asked about 4G when on the phone with Sprint, the staff seems to kind of dodge around the subject and tell me they don't know much information about it or they tell me to check it out when I'm in Cleveland.  Does ANYONE have ANY clue when the "not so popular" cities are going to get 4G access?

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Journeyman

4G in Akron Ohio?

Heck. Even us areas that are supposed to have 4G can barely get it the way its supposed to be.

Journeyman

4G in Akron Ohio?

With Sprint moving to LTE, I don't see them adding any additional wi-max coverage. In other words, no 4g until LTE is fully up and running. My guess is Akron won't get LTE until after the bigger Ohio cities such as Cinci, Cle, and Columbus get their's first. I'm in northeast ohio as well and I'm not banking on LTE 4g until 2013 at the earliest.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat