cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4g touch Overheating

Highlighted
Journeyman

4g touch Overheating

Has anyone else experienced their phone overheating when charging? I was charging it today and got a high temperature warning.

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Journeyman

Only when using the stock Samsung charger.

I had my phone replaced as it started running whacky after it cooked and  will never ever use the stock charger again.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes, my phone was really warm last night on the charger.  I noticed the heat was coming from upper part of the phone and it wasn't from the battery.  So I pulled the battery to do a reset and plugged it back into the charger, the temperature was nice and cool again.

Highlighted

While I haven't seen the high temperature warning when charging it does get warm.  If I have the screen on the brightest setting for more than five minutes it turns the setting back down.  This is disappointing if your trying to use the phone during normal lighting. The main reason I got this phone was the screen but if you can't use it to its potential why have it? ( its not a cheap phone).  This is the second samsung phone I've had and I must say they don't do enough testing before they release them to the public.  I doubt I will get ANY Samsung products in the future because of this.  What good are great spec's and feature's if you can't use them in the real world?  Does anyone from Samsung want to comment??

Highlighted
Journeyman

Unfortunately, the two Samsung smart phones that I own need constant recharging.  While traveling I pluged my Epic to the Sprint car charger and after 20 minutes noticed the upper part of the phone was hot.  I unplugged the phone and the temperature went to Norma. 

I agree with Rick, these phones are not cheep and I did not expect to be tethered to my charger every 2 hours.  My son is driving me crazy with guilt that I chose the Droid based phones over the iPhones.  I had enough with both phones and decided to pay the penalty for breaking my current contract.  iPhones here I come, Samsung phones- good bye!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes I notice some overheating upper section of phone not battry, about a month later of getting the phone (not while charging), but taday something went really wrong 10% left some warm but then plug it in and in matter of 2 minutes it almost burn my hand the screen and camera (upper part not battery) was so hot it feels like it willl melt any time soon. jajaja unplug it remove battery (was normal) but creen and camera OMG i let it sit in front of a fan to cool it down. the plug it in to charger get warm again but no burning.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

it also happens more often when youre charging your phone AND using it for long durrations/have alot of things running in the background.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

From my experience, it's a sofware issue.  Bugs in the Samsung hardware drivers and various shovelware apps can cause them to lock up while consuming all CPU time.  I've had several cases where I had to reboot the phone because it was suddenly too hot to keep in a pocket, or I found it toasty warm with a dead battery.  When given the unlimited power of a charger it could overheat from the same problem.

Highlighted

KMcMurtrie wrote:

From my experience, it's a sofware issue.  Bugs in the Samsung hardware drivers and various shovelware apps can cause them to lock up while consuming all CPU time.  I've had several cases where I had to reboot the phone because it was suddenly too hot to keep in a pocket, or I found it toasty warm with a dead battery.  When given the unlimited power of a charger it could overheat from the same problem.

That seems like a reasonable cause.  When I'm using the phone for navigation and I'm in an area where there's a poor signal and the gps is having trouble locking is seems to get hotter than normal, definitely something to consider.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have the same problem but my e4gt gets hot all the time when i'm on it. This is the second one with this problem. I had the black e4gt they got me the white one but still having same problem. I guess I should have gotten the iPhone 4s. Next time I won't believe what I hear. Next time I will go with my gut feeling

Highlighted
Journeyman

i so agree .... not only does it get hot, never has signal. I have been a customer for 10 years and they ( sprint ) does not seem to care.Have gone into the store, called tech support, etc..  I too went in to purchase the Iphone but bought this crap epic instead...

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have been having the same problem with my phone.  In addition, sometimes it get so hot that I have to hold the phone away from my face for fear of burning it.  My phone is a refurbished phone supplied to me by Asurion after I lost my phone.  My phone is a Samsung Galaxy  S II.  This is not my first Samsung
phone, but this is the first phone that I have ever owned that overheats.  What recourse to I have to remedy this before I cause injury to myself?

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat