cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7/12 - Samsung Epic 4G Touch Software Update - Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0.4) - FF18

Highlighted
Master

7/12 - Samsung Epic 4G Touch Software Update - Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0.4) - FF18

Samsung Epic 4G Touch Software Update - Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0.4) - FF18

Enhancements/Fixes:

- Android 4.0.4, Ice Cream Sandwich

- Google Security Patches

- Email Enhancements

Important Notes:

- Software version is: SSmiley Very Happy710.10S.FF18

- Released in stages to devices

- Refer to the Samsung Epic 4G Touch Software Updates for install instructions

452 REPLIES 452
Journeyman

Re: 7/12 - Samsung Epic 4G Touch Software Update - Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0.4) - FF18

Good. Now this entire community can stop crying about how Sprint is screwing them over and being such a big, bad meanie.

Journeyman

Re: 7/12 - Samsung Epic 4G Touch Software Update - Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0.4) - FF18

AthlonII240 wrote:

Good. Now this entire community can stop crying about how Sprint is screwing them over and being such a big, bad meanie.

No, now it'll just continue but with Jellybean. Maybe in a year

Journeyman

I feel that the communication from Sprint to their customers regarding this update was horrible.  Obviously, they have had the update for weeks and have been preparing to send it out.  In fact, based on the software version number, we can put a minimum on the amount of time Sprint has had the release, since it was leaked to the community.  After waiting patiently, I finally decided to call Sprint a few days ago to ask about this upcoming release and express my displeasure with the lack of any communication.  The person on the phone blamed Samsung and transferred me to Samsung to speak to a representative of their company.  Samsung informed me the software had been handed off to Sprint for some time, and that they had nothing to do with it past this point.  Obviously, Samsung was telling the truth, and the technical support supervisor at Sprint was clueless that the release had been prepared and would be sent out in 2 days.

I have no problem waiting for the release.  I have no problem with dates being missed, when there are patent issues with the update or problems such as the EMMC flash issue.  I do feel that complete silence for months on end is not an appropriate action.  Especially after all the other carriers had released updates, some statement should been made that the update would be out in a month or 2 months or something.

Journeyman

What specific order is Sprint rolling out these updates?

Journeyman

When will this start to hit my phone? Today?  Tomorrow?  7 days?  any help or idea?

Journeyman

FW1993 wrote:

When will this start to hit my phone? Today?  Tomorrow?  7 days?  any help or idea?

The roll out is from 7/12 through 7/20. So, you should receive the upgrade sometime between those dates.

Journeyman

It really is amazing how many people went on these convuluted tirades about how sprint is just god-awful and they treat their customers like garbage yada yada yada, when the fact is that the other galaxy s2's on other carriers literally got the update a few days ago. Yes, it has been a ridiculous waiting game, but it's not like gingerbread was a slouch. People get so bent out of shape over these things when it's honestly just a perk to get ICS, not at all a necessity. I'll continue to enjoy this phone and my unlimited data at a reasonable price while all of these crybabies jump ship and go get screwed at verizon or ATT.

Journeyman

Will we get Android Beam? Because that only works for NFC enabled devices. Yet I read somewhere that this update is going to bring Android Beam. So im just a little confused. Thanks.

Journeyman

suba1006 wrote:

Will we get Android Beam? Because that only works for NFC enabled devices. Yet I read somewhere that this update is going to bring Android Beam. So im just a little confused. Thanks.

Someone must have copied and pasted from a standard list of ICS features. We will not have Android Beam. I also don't think our phone will have the panoramic camera feature, but not positve.

Journeyman

Well like me and thousands of others, you learn to understand that you get what you pay for.  I live in Atlanta and get speedtest download rates of 3 kbps regularly.  This network is broken.  They implemented a half @ss 4g with wimax, and never even fully rolled it out.  They were the first to recieve ics but last to update, last to roll out reliable 4g LTE.  Do you see the pattern???  I will be switching to a reliable network, even if that means paying more.  I have one of the best phones still available, but it's useless when your network is crap.  GS3 on Verizon here I come......

Journeyman

I live in Atlanta too. There are times I have no connectivity at all on 3G or 4G. I literally have to flip to airplane mode and then turn it off to recycle the radios. At this time I patiently waiting to hear how the LTE network will be before I make a decison.

I have a company blackberry on Verizon but for personal use I want Android so I may make a move sooner or later also!

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat