cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7/12 - Samsung Epic 4G Touch Software Update - Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0.4) - FF18

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: 7/12 - Samsung Epic 4G Touch Software Update - Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0.4) - FF18

David71a wrote:

suba1006 wrote:

Will we get Android Beam? Because that only works for NFC enabled devices. Yet I read somewhere that this update is going to bring Android Beam. So im just a little confused. Thanks.

Someone must have copied and pasted from a standard list of ICS features. We will not have Android Beam. I also don't think our phone will have the panoramic camera feature, but not positve.

We already have panoramic camera feature, why would they take that away?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: 7/12 - Samsung Epic 4G Touch Software Update - Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0.4) - FF18

Many features are missing in the update, some are all messed up and some are flat out useless.

I never whined and complained about not getting ICS.I bought a phone that came with Gingerbread and enjoyed it. This update has messed up a perfectly good phone, taking away Facebook integration and replacing it with Google+, a social network no one I know uses. Contact pics are huge and distorted, with people's heads cut off. Many basic features of the phone can't be accessed because of a constnt error that says "Media scanner is running."

What has been done to my phone should warrant a refund. Its garbage now.

FYI: Stock ICS is hideous, ugliest thing I ever ever seen.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I cant' comment excatly on this ICS update, but I've been running a version of ICS from xda for months now and it's fantastic. If you are having troubles with this new version, maybe try flashing some of the other versions over there. As far as facebook integration, it's not very hard to re download the app. Also if you don't like how it looks, may I reccomend a new launcher such as nova, which actually does look like stock ICS which is far better than stock TouchWiz.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I did the manual update and it works great. I dont know what everyone is whining about. Ive got apex launcher running with jellybean live wallpaper and it runs smooth as butter. panoramic picture mode still works everything works oh and...google chrome

Highlighted
Journeyman

wildfan12001 wrote:

I did the manual update and it works great. I dont know what everyone is whining about. Ive got apex launcher running with jellybean live wallpaper and it runs smooth as butter. panoramic picture mode still works everything works oh and...google chrome

Looks like I was mistaken about the panoramic mode, sorry about that. I also did the manual update and all is good. Yes, we can finally run Google Chrome! I know this is opinion, but I like the native ICS launcher and will probably use that for a while before trying out 3rd party ones.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have the Facebook app, but I could see Facebook activity right in the contacst area without having to open the app.

I don't plan to flash/root/jailbreak or do anything else to my device.

I have used launchers in the past and always found something to be missing so I was content with using the phone as is.

I should be able to use my phone as is without it being a big buggy mess.

This update isn't about change, some ppl can't take change. I expected change. What I didn't expect was for so many basic features to be butchered.

My contacts are is a disgrace- big pixelated distorted pics with missing heads:

Screenshot_2012-07-12-14-35-05.png

Highlighted
Journeyman

I did the manual update too and it works just fine. Swype is updated which is nice. A lot of added features. No issues for me so far.

Highlighted
Journeyman

please help.. how did you do a manual update and how did you get it to work?  I tried by going to update software and update android and it keeps telling me i'm up to date.. can you help me?  Thanks!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Swype won't work for me-- I get an error, "Open of EnglishUS failed!" when I try to use it.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Highlighted
Journeyman

Highlighted
Journeyman

how did you do the manual update?

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat