cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7/12 - Samsung Epic 4G Touch Software Update - Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0.4) - FF18

Highlighted
Master

7/12 - Samsung Epic 4G Touch Software Update - Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0.4) - FF18

Samsung Epic 4G Touch Software Update - Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0.4) - FF18

Enhancements/Fixes:

- Android 4.0.4, Ice Cream Sandwich

- Google Security Patches

- Email Enhancements

Important Notes:

- Software version is: S:D710.10S.FF18

- Released in stages to devices

- Refer to the Samsung Epic 4G Touch Software Updates for install instructions

452 REPLIES 452
Highlighted
Journeyman

BEYLEY wrote:

Anyone in NY get it yet? I have been patiently (well, not too patient, lol) waiting. I keep checking my update and nothing

I'm in NY and I'm waiting also. 

Does anyone know if a rooted phone w/ Clockworkmod Recovery will take the OTA update?

Highlighted
Journeyman

DMourouzis wrote:

BEYLEY wrote:

Anyone in NY get it yet? I have been patiently (well, not too patient, lol) waiting. I keep checking my update and nothing

I'm in NY and I'm waiting also. 

Does anyone know if a rooted phone w/ Clockworkmod Recovery will take the OTA update?

Your location doesn't have anything to do if you will get the update or not.

I know you can't do the manual update iwth Clockworkmod Recovery, but 100% sure on the OTA update, but I would doubt it would work.

Highlighted
Patron

Where is this located exactly, I'm looking for mine as well... because my phone isn't showing up at all in my finder on my Mac is it did before on GB. I'm looking for USB options but I can't find them in the settings and I'm sorta frustrated. Please help me. Can anyone screenshot it or something?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I don't have a problem connecting and moving files at random. Pull the top down and you see the usb connection. Tap and select MTP, not PTP. My computer sees both the phone and sd storage.

Highlighted
Journeyman

do i need to reset my phone to see when update comes to my phone? how does it notifys me? what do i look for?

thank you

Highlighted
Journeyman

still havent received a update yet.. and i am in Greensboro, NC area.. called Sprint and they told me it was sent to my phone.. i checked and nothing.. geez.

Highlighted
Journeyman

MANISA wrote:

do i need to reset my phone to see when update comes to my phone? how does it notifys me? what do i look for?

thank you

You will see a pop up saying an update is available. You can manually check by going to menu, settings, about phone, system updates.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I didn't wait for the OTA updatde, I flashed EL29 again but this time without CWM.  Then I flashed FF18 update.  I followed QBKing77 guidance:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcsfJXKv23o

Highlighted
Journeyman

you don't need to reset it but some people say it helps with some issues like battery life and stuff

Highlighted
Journeyman

i still dont got the update

Journeyman

Loved ICS so much I rolled it back to Gingerbread, I was highly disappointed with battery life, a phone that would start to overheat. Back to a cool phone and a battery that lasts all day long. I just wish I was able to turn off the system update.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Can anyone tell me how long the update takes when using the Sprint push? I got the notification and went ahead with it but it's been sitting for a while (or maybe I'm just impatient).

Thanks!

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat