cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7/12 - Samsung Epic 4G Touch Software Update - Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0.4) - FF18

Highlighted
Master

7/12 - Samsung Epic 4G Touch Software Update - Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0.4) - FF18

Samsung Epic 4G Touch Software Update - Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0.4) - FF18

Enhancements/Fixes:

- Android 4.0.4, Ice Cream Sandwich

- Google Security Patches

- Email Enhancements

Important Notes:

- Software version is: S:D710.10S.FF18

- Released in stages to devices

- Refer to the Samsung Epic 4G Touch Software Updates for install instructions

452 REPLIES 452
Highlighted
Journeyman

@DoriKelly... How did you roll back to GB?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I used the stock rom  and you can find how to do it here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1433101

Highlighted
Journeyman

For a lot of the people out there with the "now everyone whining for an update can shut up": stick it.  Sprint and Samsung fubar'd my phone in January with an OTA update that killed network location services and made GPS usage inoperable.  I and many other people out there were waiting for months for a fix to this very important feature.  When it became clear that Sprint/Samsung didn't care about fixing our phones, the only hope I and others had was the ICS update.

So now, yes, I've received the ICS update.  And yes it does fix the network location and GPS problems on my phone.  Hooray.  Thanks Sprint for finally doing this after 6 months of waiting.  It is now back to being as usable as the day I bought it.

Sprint and Samsung still get zero points.  If you buy a car with A/C and the A/C stops working after 1 month through no fault of your own, do you think you will be satisfied with the service from the dealership and maker if it takes 6 months to fix it?  (No.)

Highlighted
Journeyman

Got update today and installed without issue.  GPS locks extremely fast on 8/8 Satellites!  Haven't ran across anything not working.  Checked camera, dialer, contacts, Google Play and did app updates just fine, pattern unlock, incoming calls ring fine.  Good luck to everyone and hope yours goes as smooth.

Highlighted
Patron

where u from when u got the update i am in indiana and no ota update to ics

Highlighted
Journeyman

Got my update this morning at 6:30am central time and all went very smoothly and I haven't had any issues!

Highlighted
Journeyman

kevinjolin1 wrote:

where u from when u got the update i am in indiana and no ota update to ics

Your physical location doesn't have anything to do when you will get the OTA update.

Highlighted
Journeyman

My phone no longer appears in Windows explorer post update either. There used to be an icon on the drop down munu, but not after the update. As for this mythical "MTP" thing in the settings... haven't seen it. The settings menu is large, could someone be more specific where this would be?

Highlighted
Journeyman

BADMOLE wrote:

My phone no longer appears in Windows explorer post update either. There used to be an icon on the drop down munu, but not after the update. As for this mythical "MTP" thing in the settings... haven't seen it. The settings menu is large, could someone be more specific where this would be?

The only time I have seen this is when I connect my phone via USB cable to my computer. Then, an icon appears in the notification bar that lets me check / uncheck MTP.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Has anyone had issues with wifi constantly scanning, even if you are connected to a wifi hotspot? That seems to be draining the battery. This is after doing a factory reset.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I can't update my phone for some reason.  I tried the manual method and it gets stuck on the triangle exclamation mark screen.  Tried the OTA and same result.  The first time it sat all night without updating.  Anyone else have this issue?

Highlighted
Journeyman

With this new update is epic 4g touch available to do screen shots now ? I am unable to do it after i updated my phone last night its was hold home button and power button but now it doesn't work can anyone help

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat