cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7/12 - Samsung Epic 4G Touch Software Update - Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0.4) - FF18

Highlighted
Master

7/12 - Samsung Epic 4G Touch Software Update - Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0.4) - FF18

Samsung Epic 4G Touch Software Update - Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0.4) - FF18

Enhancements/Fixes:

- Android 4.0.4, Ice Cream Sandwich

- Google Security Patches

- Email Enhancements

Important Notes:

- Software version is: S:D710.10S.FF18

- Released in stages to devices

- Refer to the Samsung Epic 4G Touch Software Updates for install instructions

452 REPLIES 452
Highlighted
Journeyman

Since the upgrade this morning,  I'm getting (loud) text notifications during phone calls. My husband found online that I'm supposed to have an option to disable notifications during calls, under settings/call settings. But it's not there. Any advice?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks for that fix!  Sprint's fumbling for a solution to this.  Ice Cream Sandwich was like turning in a rough draft as your final paper!  I've been on the web & with Sprint Techs for the better part of the day.  They say they are getting flooded with new issues every call & it'd be best to wait a couple of weeks for those of you that haven't installed it.  My GSII won't even accept a push update or profile update to fix other internal issues, so I have to take it in to unload Ice Cream Sandwich.  Most of the solutions can be found online or this forum though. I'm putting some of common ones I've run across since this morning in my post for ease.

SWYPE: Go to Settings > Applications > All > Swype > Clear Data   Also >Clear cache if necessary. (http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/93984?tstart=0)

SCREENSHOT:  2 Methods work.  Holding down Power & Vol. Down as well as Power & Home.  Just hold down for about 1-2 sec.

EMAIL. Unable to see list, see e-mails, etc.  Again, in e-mail Menu>Font size> Select Small.  The emails return & you can reselect your desired font size. 

(The fix for this, coincidentally, fixed seeing your contacts as you touch numbers on the dialpad.)

4G:  I travel to cities all over the US.  I agree with many posts about it.  My Palm Pre performs better overall with just 3G.  Is it the phone? Service?  Premium web?

Wi-Fi:  Menu>Settings>Wi-Fi> Off then On   then, select your network & FORGET, reselect network & re-enter your password. 

BLUETOOTH:  Had to re-pair.  Menu>Settings>Bluetooth  Off then On   then >settings symbol to right>Unpair    then pair your device again.

SYSTEM UPDATES:  AT YOUR OWN RISK but this was last ditch effort at bug fixes & system errors.  Menu>Settings>System Updates>Update Profile

CAM:  Something actually worked, I think.

Hope this long but condensed post helps.  After an iPhone 4S, GSII, Palm Pre, HP tablet with dual boot WebOS/Droid, it's a bummer Sprint & HP didn't support WebOS.  Much better system.  The only advantage to Droid or iPhone are the apps.  After close to a year, I'm going back to the Pre as a primary phone.  Anyone want to buy a GSII? With Ice Cream Sandwich? lol

Highlighted
Journeyman

Oh yeah, then restart your phone...

Highlighted
Journeyman

With the update, the GSII now plays an annoying jingle when I turn it off -- is there any way to silence this?  Also, is there a way to silence the jingle that plays when the phone is turned on/restarted?  I know when I turn on or turn off my phone, so I really don't need a little jingle to tell me that it's happening.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Unfortunately I feel your pain oigo ,l've had sprint for for about seven years. Service used to be great, the last year since iPhone release, data and coverage have been a joke. I get 3kbps to 100kbps in areas with 4g. I live in Atlanta, which is one of their major markets with "great" coverage lol. I just canceled my contract 2 days ago and got the gs3 on Verizon. I now get 20,000-40,000 kbps in areas I used to get 3kbps. Send me your email if you want comparison screen shots of my old and new speed test results. You NEED TO CANCEL SPRINT NOW! Look how long you waited for ics, last to the party with 4G lte, and never even fully rolled out their wimax 4g. Definitely not a company to bet your money on. Also, I can tell you how to cancel your service without any ETF. If interested send me a private message. Good luck

Highlighted
Journeyman

Has anyone found a fix for the pictures in the contact app?   They are large and distorted. Also I can not seem to find how to adjust my notifications anywhere.  Please help.  Ever since the update my apps freeze and my web browser also does the same thing.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Has anyone had a problem with pictures downloading to their phone since the update?  I can't get any pictures to download from email or text messages!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have never had my pictures download on this damn phone. I had to use other SMS applications just to receive them... it's just something I finally had to accept with this phone. I had an iPhone before and I am counting the days until I can get my hands on one... over 365 left

Highlighted
Journeyman

Since th ICS update, my Bluetooth will connect to my Range Rover (after having to re enter the PIN), and it asks for permission to access my directory.  I select ok, but it never transmits anything to the Rover system.  The phonebook icon and the history buttons are greyed out.  I did not have this problem prior to the update.  Anyone have any ideas?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Since the update I have not been able to pair the GSII to the bluetooth "handsfreelink" in my Acura TSX (2011).  Actually the inital pairing works but then when you go to connect to the phone by entering the code the car says no device found.  I have made the phone device "visible" and the phone does show the car's "handsfreelink" as a device, but the phone and car will not connect.  It is as if the code being entered is not valid.  I have confirmed I am doing everything correctly and using the correct codes by pairing another GSII that has not had the update yet.  Does anyone have a solution to this problem?

Journeyman

I have ford with sync and after update I try to connect and it won't work.  I deleted phone from sync and tried to add it again and phone gives me a message that says unable to pair with sync.  Before this update it worked perfectly.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have found a solution to my own problem (from the Sprint site regarding problems with Bluetooth connections):

Remove the pairing and re-pair the Bluetooth device.

Removing the pairing and re-pairing the Bluetooth device will allow for a fresh connection. Re-pairing also allows for any connection information to be updated. It may be beneficial to restart the handset after removing the pairing because it will ensure the best possible connection can be made.

After removing the pairing the car had. I removed the battery in the GSII for 30 seconds and then restarted the phone.  Then I went through the re-pairing process.  Everything regarding the phone connection to the car is back to working the way it did prior to the software upgrade.  The key seemed to be removing the battery and doing a restart on the phone.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat