cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7/12 - Samsung Epic 4G Touch Software Update - Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0.4) - FF18

Journeyman

Re: 7/12 - Samsung Epic 4G Touch Software Update - Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0.4) - FF18

not even weeks - MONTHS! Sprint was the first to start working on the ICS upgrade back in 2/2012 and the last to deliver.

Journeyman

Re: 7/12 - Samsung Epic 4G Touch Software Update - Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0.4) - FF18

I still can't get the phone to show up on my Windows 7 box; I have to remove the microSD card and mount that to the PC. Not very convenient. As for the alleged 4G, this is my second 4G phone with Sprint in San Francisco and I've never had 4G coverage anywhere, ever. EVER. So the unlimited data plan is pretty safe for Sprint.

Journeyman

I believe screen capture is now Volume Down and Power Off at the same time.

Journeyman

Everything I've seems references the Samsung Galaxy SII Epic 4G Touch for the Android the 4.0 ICS upgrade. 

So, does anyone know if the original Samsung Galaxy Epic 4G will also be getting upgraded to Android 4.0 ICS?

Master

The Epic is not scheduled to get ICS.  this is from theSamsung page http://www.samsung.com/us/support/SupportOwnersFAQPopup.do?faq_id=FAQ00046726&fm_seq=49755

Journeyman

I finally found how to fix the Swype issue. I seem to rarely connect to 4G now, but the main other problem is that Pandora doesn't seem to work. It will try and buffer a song and will eventually give up and move on to the next, rinse/repeat. Anyone else have this issue? It seems to work OK if I'm on WiFi, but even if I'm on 4G it won't work. I've checked my download speeds and it looks like plenty of bandwidth for pandora.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I tried this (removed the pairing from phone & car, removed battery, restarted phone) & it still isn't working with my Ford sync. Does anyone have other suggestions?

Journeyman

i still haven't gotten any notice of ota update for my phone.  it is non rooted and i have been trying to click on update android to no avail.  will wait a few more days before doing a manual update.

Journeyman

Still haven't gotten the update yet, i would like to get OTA, i know that updates should be here by 7/20, we will see what will happen then.

Journeyman

Has anyone had a problem with constant updates? I used to turn google play off in sync settings. Now it not there and stupid programs keep sending me notifications.about to delete some apps because of the nagging notices.

Journeyman

To all struggling with or interested in the ICS update to the Samsung Epic 4G Galaxy S2:

Please consider reviewing the link below and adding your thoughts on the larger mobile computing/Android industry implications raised by the flawed ICS update.

Thank you.

Re: Failed and COSTLY Ice Cream Sandwich update and Swype fix (Epic 4G Touch Samsung Galaxy S2)

Journeyman

Bingo!

I'm having that same problem.

My data is very slow as well.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat