Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7/12 - Samsung Epic 4G Touch Software Update - Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0.4) - FF18

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: 7/12 - Samsung Epic 4G Touch Software Update - Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0.4) - FF18

I totally agree I been waiting for my ICS upgrade and nothing yet my husband received his like 2 weeks ago. Why hasn't my phone received it

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: 7/12 - Samsung Epic 4G Touch Software Update - Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0.4) - FF18

Don't worry, honey, you'll get yours, just as Master Sprint dished out ours....

Highlighted
Journeyman

From all the reading that I have done on all the Technical sites about ICS for sprint has left me with Hesitation on this update. I have learned that there is way to many issues thay need to be fixed and should have been resolved before the update was released. As of now the ICS update was pulled from Samsung & Sprint which was posted on Android Central to day. With all these issues you would think that the two companys would have posted this information so us customers would know about it. So here we go again with the waiting game !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks,

Awesomeblossom

Highlighted
Journeyman

KJblossom, remember that only people that have problems with the ICS update post here, so they are kind of slanted.

I got the update two weeks ago and don't have any of the issues anyone has listed.  I always do a factory reset after an update though, so that may have helped me.  Either way, I absolutely love the ICS update.

The only reason I'm watching this thread is because my wife and my friend have still not gotten the update and just waiting to see when they'll get it.

Journeyman

I didn't see anything on Android central about Samsung and sprint pulling the update

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have to say i just manually added the ics update & so far so good. Once again it seems manually updating seems better than accepting the ota update. Not sure how this is possible since they are suppose to be the same thing. Only thing i notice is the contact pic is huge but when i hit call it goes back to regular size. Go figure. If i can figure out how to get the contact pic back to regular size I'll be happy. Anybody know how to accomplish this?

Highlighted
Journeyman

sorry it was on one of the sites I googled, but I did call sprint and it was pulled by samsung until there is a fixx!!!!!!!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

CHROME does not support 3rd party plug-ins.  No Flash - no Java.  The stock ICS browser works with both.

Highlighted
Journeyman

does anyone know if the manual update that is posted on YouTube loads the update differently then the OTA update.  I know the actual update is the same but was curious on the actual install process.  I know that I have been reading that the OTA has been stopped for now.  I have one phone that did the OTA and has had issues and mine hasn't done gone thru it yet and have been thinking about doing the manual update.

Highlighted
Patron

i have not gotten the update and been back and forth with sprint and samsung sprint telling me that the update is being release to all phone till mid august so all phone should have it and then samsung telling me the same thing wtf its been 2 weeks and 1 day and i have not had the update please help

Highlighted
Journeyman

The update to ICS is horrible!! I loved ths Galaxy SII since I bought it in October and NEVER had any issues at all. Now I am so frustrated with this phone. It constantly shuts down on it's own. It goes from 35% battery charge to zero and without any warning shutsdown. NEVER did this before the update. It seems like service is much worse as well. I loose connectivity at places such as work and home that I had flawless connectivity before the update. I wish I had never done the update. I was perfectly happy with the S II and Gingerbread. I am sitting here now after it powered off in the middle of a phone call with no warning whatsoever and now i have no connectivity to return the call that was ended. SPRINT needs to fix this problem. My advice would be to wait on doing the update to ICS!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

This is an important post (by DRACNEK*..), and should be cross-posted to the other threads so people who are unhappy because they don't have the OTA push of the update can relax and wait for this to be fixed, and in the mean time have a phone they are content with, or at least understand the limitations of, like the non-functional GPS.  Just live with Gingerbread ... this ICS update is flawed even though it may work for some situations (or maybe some people don't use the things that are badly broken in the FF18 release).  But, even with everything ... a phone should be able to make calls.  If it can't do that, it's a brick with a computer attached.

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat