cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7/12 - Samsung Epic 4G Touch Software Update - Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0.4) - FF18

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: 7/12 - Samsung Epic 4G Touch Software Update - Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0.4) - FF18

With the release of ICS on 7/12/12 and based on release being done in stages I still haven't received the update.  I'm still on Gingerbread.EL29 as of today (7/29/12).  I've powered my phone off then on and still not getting the update.  Is the roll-out behind schedule?

- Released in stages with 100% of devices on the most current prior release having received the update within 10 days. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: 7/12 - Samsung Epic 4G Touch Software Update - Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0.4) - FF18

You are not alone...we have an Epic Touch at our house and it has not been sent the update either...still waiting here in Conroe Texas as of 07/27/12...don't know if they have pulled the OTA or not...

Highlighted
Journeyman

Two different Sprint reps have confirmed to me that the ICS update for the Galaxy II S phone has been suspended until all the problems the original update contains have been fixed. I was told that when the new and improved update is ready, the rollout will begin again and that those of us who have already done the update will be able to do it again, this time, it is hoped, without all of the resulting problems.  One rep told me that the internal rumor is that it will be about a week (from Friday 7/28) when the new update is ready to go. I for one will be happy to be able to fix the problems ICS has caused me, not least of which is the abysmally poor battery life, which has turned my "mobile" phone into a virtual corded phone (with a very short cord, since the mfr charging cord is only about 3 feet long.)

Highlighted
Journeyman

So, since the ota update (almost 2 weeks ago) i have been having all of the issues shown on here. Mainly the QUICK battery drain (about 3 or 4 hours) and the over heating. So i finally went into sprint and they did a reset. The tech said that it hadn't completely downloaded until they did that. Also, from the over heating, my battery was swollen, so they had to replace the battery. Let's see how this works out. I'll keep updated.

Highlighted
Sprint Product Ambassador

For those who have battery issue, you may want to try:  Disable notification LED in settings.  It may be a work around for the moment.

* Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.
Highlighted
Journeyman

Why don't adobe work on ice cream sandwich? and when will the issue get resolved?

Highlighted
Sprint Product Ambassador

husker1976 wrote:

Why don't adobe work on ice cream sandwich? and when will the issue get resolved?

Husker1976, what do you mean by Adobe doesn't work?  Which Adobe program you are talking about? Adobe Reader works on my ICS no problem.

* Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.
Highlighted
Journeyman

The latest flash player doesn't work.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Adobe and all other Apps problems have nothing to do with ICS / Sprint or Samsung, the developer Adobe is the one that needs to resolve any issues with their product in x build device.

Highlighted
Journeyman

That Tech guy totally lied to you my friend. Never on this life you will be in a OS say FF18 and the issues where related to not fully download it and the factory reset did complete de Upgrade. If a software update do not download completly or download correctly you WILL NOT ABLE TO INSTALL IT. and the issues wont go away that's the main reason  they pulled the FF18 OTA it wasn't a good build too many issues surely they not read all the XDA forums as they state they were if they did then we will not have too many issues with FF18

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hello, I would like to know if I purchased my phone after the roll out date (7/27), when should I expect the OTA update? Thank you kindly.

Highlighted
Journeyman

MsHope812 wrote:

Hello, I would like to know if I purchased my phone after the roll out date (7/27), when should I expect the OTA update? Thank you kindly.

It looks like the OTA update has been suspended while Samsung / Sprint work out the problems. No ETA on when it will be started again.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat