cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7/12 - Samsung Epic 4G Touch Software Update - Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0.4) - FF18

Highlighted
Master

7/12 - Samsung Epic 4G Touch Software Update - Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0.4) - FF18

Samsung Epic 4G Touch Software Update - Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0.4) - FF18

Enhancements/Fixes:

- Android 4.0.4, Ice Cream Sandwich

- Google Security Patches

- Email Enhancements

Important Notes:

- Software version is: S:D710.10S.FF18

- Released in stages to devices

- Refer to the Samsung Epic 4G Touch Software Updates for install instructions

452 REPLIES 452
Highlighted
Journeyman

I got the update and battery drained like crazy. So i shut my phone off and pulled the battery for about five minutes. Then pushed the power plus the volume up at the same time until the screen came on and let off scroll down to clear cache partition. Your phone will reboot. Don't charge your battery let out run all the way down until it shuts itself off. Then put the charger on but don't turn on the phone let it fully charge. I have 80% left with 13 hrs bring unplugged  and that's making several phone calls and getting on the Web for a couple of hrs. It worked for my phone.

Highlighted
Journeyman

nascar8877 wrote:

I got the update and battery drained like crazy. So i shut my phone off and pulled the battery for about five minutes. Then pushed the power plus the volume up at the same time until the screen came on and let off scroll down to clear cache partition. Your phone will reboot. Don't charge your battery let out run all the way down until it shuts itself off. Then put the charger on but don't turn on the phone let it fully charge. I have 80% left with 13 hrs bring unplugged  and that's making several phone calls and getting on the Web for a couple of hrs. It worked for my phone.

Does clearing the cache partition delete any data like contacts, apps, settings, etc?

Highlighted
Journeyman

No it did not on my phone

Highlighted
Journeyman

I lost you after you put the battery back in & pushed the power  & volume at the sa.e time.  How dobyou clear the cache?  Please walk me through the steps.  I'll be so grateful if this works!

Journeyman

Clear cache partition you have to scroll with the volume buttons and push the power button to select. When ever you are holding the power button and volume up wait till it says Samsung galaxy s2 and let them go at the same

Highlighted
Journeyman

I received my update this.morning around 6am and waited to download aftter reading all the feedbacks.. Mind you ive had the ORIGINAL      ICS update a few weeks ago before i got a replacement phone a few days ago.. Soo i went ahead at 7:00pm and hit updated and EVERYTHING IS MUCHHH BETTERRRR !!!!  My battery is not draining and seems to be just the same as GB was,  the scrolling is still fast but tweaked down to a more workable speed,  ALSO oddly as it sounds my data signal seems to be ALOT BETTER to neerly FULL BARS as apposed.to being at around 2 - 3 at the same place,  Swybe is good ,  .....READ NEXT POST

Highlighted
Journeyman

For all those having problems with the ICS update, make sure to clear your cache like nascar8877 suggested. Also, if you don't mind re-installing your apps, do a factory reset. It might seem like a pain, but for me it was nice to have a fresh start, and only load the apps I actually use as oppsed to the hundreds I've tried out. Remember, this isn't just an update, it's a whole new OS. I'm not sure how it would have worked for me without doing this, but my phone works great, and I did a factory reset clear cache right out of the gate. Hopefully this will fix some of the problems out there.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Swype*..... On another note,  This time when i updated todays update it went alot slower then  the last..  The last one sped threw and finished at about a 1 1/2 min and today it ended at about 3.. AS IF IT TOOK ITS TIME AND DID.IT RIIIIIGGGHHTTT THIS TIME which i like..also more info boxes telling me what it was doing popped up durin the upgrade ... BTW I DID NOT do a Cache partition on my phone yet NOR did i do ANYTHING to my phone AT ALL .. This update seems to be the REAL DEAL this time around now ...so if  your reading  all these posts still trying to contimplate hitting that update button, i say DO IT ...im a very honest person and know know how all of you are feeling right now !!!   ENJOY

Highlighted
Journeyman

dog, is the update you received today FF18?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I never removed my battery because I couldn't get the casing open.  but when I presses the volume & power buttons until the reboot, a message came up that I couldn't read.  After tapping on the message, it said "android update completing".  Huh?  What was that all about?  My battery has still discharged from 100 to 72 in the past 10 minutes, so I'm more confused than ever.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes. But im guessing they tweaked it up and sent it out aftef stopping the last one

Highlighted
Journeyman

Go to - my ics updated phone is now working perfectly - in the discussions and that will tell you exactly how to do it

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat