Samsung Epic 4G Touch Software Update - Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0.4) - FF18
- Android 4.0.4, Ice Cream Sandwich
- Google Security Patches
- Email Enhancements
- Software version is: S:D710.10S.FF18
- Released in stages to devices
- Refer to the Samsung Epic 4G Touch Software Updates for install instructions
There are no results when I type that in.
I just removes the battery for 10 minutes. Now I'm re-charging it w/O turningbthevphone on. Next I will empty the cache. Then I will pray.
To be continued.
The only change on ICS made was clearing data on swype while updating nothing else was made the complete report is on XDA Developers Forums this ICS still have a lot of bug yet NOTHING BESIDE CLEARING DATE ON SWYPE WAS MADE.
Has anyone lost the ability to edit contacts after the ICS update? When I click the little pencil icon while in a contact it brings up the edit page but there are no + or - or boxes around the names and numbers where you would normally be able to edit. Also is everyone still seeing giant pixelated versions for the contact picture?
I did everything you said. Took out the battery for @ 10 min. Pressed the volume up & power buttons at the same time until the phone went on. But.... Where do you scroll to clear the cache? All I did was shut the phone again & charge the battery with the phone off.
I'm still having the same problem. The battery has drained to 72% in 3 hours & I haven't even touched the phone. Maybe if I can clear the cache it will help? Please let me know how.
It took me two tries. I found that if I held the volume up button then pushed the power button holding them together until I saw the logo pop up. I then let go and it took me to the boot menu where you will find the clear cache option. After I did this. I rebooted the phone and got a message saying that Android was completing the update. It's my partner's phone so I'm not sure if this improved the battery life yet.
LOL I had this problem to cause the directions fail to tell you that the volume button will move the menu choice bar up and down and then use the power button to select it! Hope this helps
My battery is feeling much better today Not completely recovered, but definitely lasting much longer than the 5-6 hours it was giving me after the ICS update. I actually got 14 hours yesterday, mostly on standby. Here are the steps I took:
1. Remove the battery for about 10 minutes.
2. After putting the battery back in the phone, hold the volume UP and the power button at the same time, which forces the phone to reboot.
3. At the reboot menu, use the volume Down button until "Empty Partition Cache" is highlighted, then press the power button to accept the option.
4. After emptying the cache, the "Reboot" option will automatically be highlighted. Press the power button to accept that option. You will get a message that the update is completing .
5. Finally, leave the phone on until the battery completely drains and the phone shuts off. Then charge it fully.
These steps were recommended to me by people on this board, and I am grateful for their help. It was a lot more than I got from Sprint tech support, who told me I would have to do a factory reset. NOT!! I hope this helps some of you who are also having a terrible battery drain problem since the ICS update. Good Luck!