cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7/12 - Samsung Epic 4G Touch Software Update - Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0.4) - FF18

Highlighted
Master

7/12 - Samsung Epic 4G Touch Software Update - Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0.4) - FF18

Samsung Epic 4G Touch Software Update - Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0.4) - FF18

Enhancements/Fixes:

- Android 4.0.4, Ice Cream Sandwich

- Google Security Patches

- Email Enhancements

Important Notes:

- Software version is: S:D710.10S.FF18

- Released in stages to devices

- Refer to the Samsung Epic 4G Touch Software Updates for install instructions

452 REPLIES 452
Highlighted
Journeyman

RARE_MIND,

Did you upgrade to FH13 or one of the more recent leaks?

I found that up through FI03 and a full restore or factory reset usually cured the wi-fi issues.

If not please let me know what encryption type you're using and I can offer some suggestions.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I just recently wiped and installed FH13, Not only do I have Wi-Fi Issues but some serious reception issues, and ridiculously bad battery life. Battery life when from all day unplugged at 6 AM and would not need to be plugged in till 10 PM at night. Now unplugged at 6 AM I am at 20% by 9 AM yep that is an AM. I am 100% sure Sprint hates their customers. I cannot convey the sense of aggravation and frustration that I have with Sprint at the moment. Let me explain my situation so you can understand how at this very moment considering paying $600 to get out of my contract.

1) Five months ago 4G wimax disappeared from my area. I am being 100% honest here, 4G gone. I also notice that my once 250K to 300K 3G dropped to 35K - 75K literally 56K modem from the early 90’s.

2) I call and complain they tell me it's an outage and they are fixing the towers in my area. Spend a month waiting for 4G to come back and 3G speeds to get back up to speed never happens.

3) One month later I start hearing rumors of Sprints new LTE network going up in my area. I am NOW not getting ANY reception in and around the area of my home. Our 3 phones are useless, I have an Airave, so we are ok in the house, but lose signal when we leave till we get on to the closest major road.

4) Call Sprint to complained, they explain that they are upgrading their towers to a better faster network and once the upgrades are complete I will see better signal and stronger 4G.

5) I am patient and wait… till about a month ago. My Airave starts to malfunction, I call support, and they tell me that they are sending me the newest model to replace what I have. It is explained once again that the towers are going through an upgrade and that reception and speed will improve greatly when the tower upgrades are finished.

6) They send me an Airvana modem, the thing is complete crap. Sends same text messages 10 times, if someone is on the phone the call is drop when a text message is sent. Completely disgraceful piece hardware, so useless it was painful.

7) Call Sprint I am disconnected from them over and over again and they are not calling me back. I drive to a sprint store to use their landline to call because without the router our cell phones are useless. I get to the store call support they tell me they can do nothing if I do not have the modem in front of me.

😎 I have to drive to a Sprint corporate store to get anything fixed. At the store the employee calls support for me because I am a little irate. He takes care of everything for me. Apparently the Airvana 2.0 I have has massive issues and they send out a replacement a 2.5 Airave. I am also told that they took at look at my connection and dropped call percentage and he was blown away how bad it was. I was dropping roughly 6 out of 10 calls.

9) I have no service at my home for 3 days while I wait for the replacement.

10) last week I find out that the LTE network is launched in my area. I am made aware that the new network was turned on. I am not seeing any difference in my service, in fact NO change in the service. I wait another week to make sure, I call Sprint and they confirm that the new towers were all back up.

11) 7 days ago I decide to experiment; I add a line and purchase an LTE phone. Perfect signal at my home with the new LTE phone, I see full bars on the LTE phone, one bar on both my Evo 4G and my Epic touch.

12) Fast forward to 3 days ago, my phone is sending out multiple text messages. One friend received 52 of the same message in a matter of 2 hours. I call support and they re-provision my phone and have me go through the activation again. I end up receiving the FH13 update.

13) I am seeing Wi-Fi Issues, serious reception issues where I did not have them before, and ridiculously bad battery life. I call Sprint, this is the straw that broke the camel’s back. I am basically told that I am SOL, there is nothing they can do. I ask for escalation I request they upgrade my Evo 4G and my Epic touch to LTE phone. I told them I will happily pay the upgrade prices and they can sign me up for new 2 year agreements. I am told no, flat out. I plead that I get horrible service and at a company they are obligated to fulfill their part of the contact. He said this to me “I am seeing 95 – 100% connections for you over the last month (remember I was told 46% not a month before) you are lying to me, you just want new phones and by the way you contract does not guarantee service.

I pay Sprint $200 a month. That is $2400 a year. To buy a new LTE phones outright will cost me $550 dollars a phone, basically $1000 to fix a problem that Sprint should be resolving but won’t. It will cost me $570 in Early Termination Fees to leave and that leaves me $430 bucks to spend on new phones with another service. This is how you lose customers Sprint, the math is pretty simple. Oh by the way there is 4 months left on one of phones contracts and 11 months left on another. Had your CSR bothered to ACTUALLY look you would have eaten about $280 to keep me as a customer.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sorry to hear that mess.

First would suggest dan@sprint.com if you haven't already or ask for a loyalty department.

I've also sent some other suggestions to see if they help.

Best of luck to you!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm having any issue with my signal. If it show no signal then and I'm doing something on my phone it cuts the phone off and says my battery is low. But my battery really isn't low, it would do it even when the battery is fully charged.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm having any issue with my signal. If it show no signal then and I'm doing something on my phone it cuts the phone off and says my battery is low. But my battery really isn't low, it would do it even when the battery is fully charged.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Journeyman

eish0717 wrote:

Despite what it says you may be experiencing the first phases of the battery failure.  How long have you had the phone - and have you tried the spin test yet to check for bulging?

Highlighted
Sprint Product Ambassador

eish0717 wrote:

Try to re-calibrate your battery following my post here.  Hope it helps - HB

http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/494854#494854

* Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.
Highlighted
Journeyman

how do I cancel without etf...soooooooooooooo sick of sprint

galaxy s2   ...keeps rebooting dropped calls txts 2 hours late missed calls

I had better data speed with 56k modem...sold 4gwimax phone when they knew I would Never get 4g wimax in my area.

now I find out it is not going to work with LTE...I have been lied to...promised and promised better speed.

keeps getting worse...promised call backs.Never called back...taken to store 3 times..phone is perfect network is perfect...the best.

it says so right on the map...1/2 of a red bar///  200k down at its best..cannot email or download a book.

now it reboots about every few minutes...even when I shut it off it turns itself back on...USELESS   I guess fcc tomorrow and bbb..

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat