Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7/12 - Samsung Epic 4G Touch Software Update - Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0.4) - FF18

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: 7/12 - Samsung Epic 4G Touch Software Update - Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0.4) - FF18

google chrome seems to work fine until you run into curtain situations like the java

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: 7/12 - Samsung Epic 4G Touch Software Update - Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0.4) - FF18

Anyone... I repeat ANYONE, who got the ICS update should not be using the default browser when Chrome is available for ICS.

Download the Chrome browser now and replace all of the defaults with it.

Highlighted
Journeyman

What about refurbished phones?

Highlighted
Journeyman

TOTAL P.O.S.!!!!!!

No GPS, horrible battery life, Swype all screwed up and all kinds of delays.

This totally sucks, how the hell can they release something with so many bugs...... unbelievable

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have not received the update. At times, I go to about phone and push to update firmware and it says that there are no updates. There are also times that say that the firmware cant be updated. Should i call customer service, or should i wait till the end of the month. Are they still pushing the OTA update?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I also have not received my update.... on one of my four phones. I have four phones on my account, three have been updated to ICS and one has yet to receive the DL. The three that did update, all did so on the same day last week with no issues. I even did a factory reset on the non-updated phone just incase, still no update.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I've been reading through this thread, and I noticed that someone said Samsung halted the OTA update. I'm currently trying to figure it out. I know they said it would take the whole month to get to every phone, but i'm starting to lose hope.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I manually updated my phone and have experienced numerous problems; my phone constantly freezes, the screen goes black, wifi shuts off, can't take screen shots, battery drains quickly & a few other issues. I'm a bit surprised that others who installed the update manually haven't  had many/any issues. My phone was great before installing this update...now it sucks!

Highlighted
Journeyman

The update, honestly does not come from sprint .. it comes from the "android market" ... have you people never thoght of that ... Sprint has to fully receivie it to allow it to go to every phone, but ... IF ANDROID or GOOGLE doesn't release it to your phone, how is that a sprint issue?

Highlighted
Journeyman

i had the same issues till after manual update i wiped cash and did a factory recovery . my phone now is 100% better no freezing and 9 hours on battery

at still at 85%

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJ2G13OSBkw&feature=related

Highlighted
Journeyman

Spence, just so you know Google and the Android team have nothing to do with the any phone updates aside from the Nexus line of phones.  This is how the process works:

Google releases the latest version of Android as open source and free to download.  Manufacturers (such as Samsung) take that download and add their software and drivers to make it work with their phones and submit it to the FCC for approval.  Once FCC approval is given, the manufacturer releases the new version to all the phones not sold by a carrier (such as Sprint) and then hand over their work to the carriers (in this case Sprint).  Sprint then adds all of their software and tests it thoroughly to make sure it all runs smoothly then submits it to the FCC for approval (yes, again).  Once approval is received, a date is set to push the update to all the phones.

The odd thing here is that Sprint was the first carrier that Samsung gave their FCC approved software to.  Why it took them so long to add their stuff and get it approved is anyone's guess.

Google has very little do with updating any phones other than their Nexus line.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Looks like there are a lot of masochistic people on this thread waiting for Master Sprint to punish them with the ICS update. Then they too can have the delights of 6 hour battery life, extreme sluggishness, buttons that respond to taps after 6 seconds, screens that swipe in slow motion, applications that take 10-20 seconds to start up turning the screen black in the meantime, wifi that cannot stay connected.

I hope all of you who are moaning for the ICS upgrade, really get it.

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat