cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7/12 - Samsung Epic 4G Touch Software Update - Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0.4) - FF18

Highlighted
Master

7/12 - Samsung Epic 4G Touch Software Update - Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0.4) - FF18

Samsung Epic 4G Touch Software Update - Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0.4) - FF18

Enhancements/Fixes:

- Android 4.0.4, Ice Cream Sandwich

- Google Security Patches

- Email Enhancements

Important Notes:

- Software version is: S:D710.10S.FF18

- Released in stages to devices

- Refer to the Samsung Epic 4G Touch Software Updates for install instructions

452 REPLIES 452
Highlighted
Journeyman

Just my luck.   Thank you any way.

Highlighted
Journeyman

MsHope812 wrote:

Just my luck.   Thank you any way.

I understand the desire to get the latest update and have the benefits of ICS, but in this case, count yourself lucky that you don't have all the potential problems ICS has brought to your phones! Hopefully when the OTA starts again, you will not expierence any of them.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Didn't think of it that way.  Now I feel better.   Thank you David.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I must say that I have been scratching my head to the point of being bald.  I installed FF18 manually by following the instructions at androidauthority.com and have had no problems that made me regret installing the update.  People complain if updates are not provided and they complain when updates are provided.  This is software, people. There are always bugs and especially in new software updates.  Has Microsoft ever released a bug~free operating system?  NO.  In fact, MS is still fixing problems in XP which was released at least 10 YEARS AGO.  Relax - it's JUST a phone.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Maybe Samsung, & the Droid sites shouldn't hype the update up so much!  That's the only reason I was so excited. I'm not a phone techie so if I didn't know about the update, I would be content. LOL

Highlighted
Journeyman

Just was prompted to update my phone this morning.  So the ICS rollout is still continuing.

I'm not doing it.

Highlighted
Journeyman

There is no such thing as bug free software. But when you release something that is so bad that you halt the dispersion of it....that's pretty bad. To take a working device and make it non functional, that is not only bad, it's irresponsible. My GPS does not work at all, I get about 4-6 hours on a fully charged battery and the thing gets so hot it's uncomfortable.

I've heard some say...."well you still have phone service" I did not spend 500 bucks on two phones and agree to almost 170/mo to just make calls, I can do that for 69/mo elsewhere with free phones. I am paying for smart phones which entitles me to all these other features that are now either working poorly or not at all.

Releasing this update at this stage of it's infancy was totally 100% irresponsible. For the record, I was not waiting for ICS, I didn't even know it was ICS that I was installing, it just said "system update.....install now". Once I did, I realized what it was.

Highlighted
Journeyman

How do we use the panoramic camera feature? I have never seen it?

Highlighted
Journeyman

jemma1028 wrote:

Just was prompted to update my phone this morning.  So the ICS rollout is still continuing.

I'm not doing it.

Could it be a fix is rolling out???

http://www.androidcentral.com/ice-cream-sandwich-rolling-out-again-sprint-epic-4g-touch

Highlighted
Journeyman

I got prompted today as well.  I'm afraid to upgrade.  My partner got the upgrade a couple of weeks ago.  Battery sucks and he can not add/edit anyone in his contacts.  I want to believe that they have fixed the issues but I have a phone that works perfectly right now.

Highlighted
Journeyman

jsh826 wrote:

How do we use the panoramic camera feature? I have never seen it?

I wasn't aware it was on the E4GT running Gingerbread. The following applies to the E4GT running ICS.

Open camera app > Settings icon (upper left) > Shooting mode > Panoramic

Highlighted
Journeyman

I completely agree with CocoaLounge.  After upgrading to the new ICS 4.0.4, I have no battery life at all.  I turned my phone on this morning at 9:00 with 100% battery power, and in 1/2 hour it was down to 70%.  I hadn't even touched my phone, let alone made any phone calls or sent emails.  By 2:30 this afternoon my battery was down to 0%, meaning I do not have the use of my phone at all.  I have called Sprint several times over the past few days & they have a SOL attitude.  They tell me that my only option is to do a factory reset & have to reinstall everything... my contacts, photos, apps, settings... everything.  "Take it into a Sprint store", they say.  My response is that none of us should have to go through all that trouble simply because Sprint pushed an upgrade that was full of bugs.  Apparently they don't care.

So what now?  I will purchase another charger & take it to work with me until a fix is released.  At the end of my contract with Sprint, they can kiss me goodbye!  If there is no fix released soon, I will toss my phone into the nearest toilet bowl & let Sprint try to charge me a penalty for breaking my contract.  Then THEY will be SOL!

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat