cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7/12 - Samsung Epic 4G Touch Software Update - Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0.4) - FF18

Highlighted
Master

7/12 - Samsung Epic 4G Touch Software Update - Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0.4) - FF18

Samsung Epic 4G Touch Software Update - Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0.4) - FF18

Enhancements/Fixes:

- Android 4.0.4, Ice Cream Sandwich

- Google Security Patches

- Email Enhancements

Important Notes:

- Software version is: S:D710.10S.FF18

- Released in stages to devices

- Refer to the Samsung Epic 4G Touch Software Updates for install instructions

452 REPLIES 452
Highlighted
Journeyman

Will a manually updated phone still get the update notification if so how will that work? Well it fix issues with it or will it just not let you download the update

Highlighted
Journeyman

There are no results when I type that in.

I just removes the battery for 10 minutes.   Now I'm re-charging it w/O turningbthevphone on.  Next I will empty the cache.  Then I will pray. 

To be continued.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thiis iss.craazzzyyyy... It def seems like my battery is BETTER now..after the update

Highlighted
Journeyman

The only change on ICS made was clearing data on swype while updating nothing else was made the complete report is on XDA Developers Forums this ICS still have a lot of bug yet NOTHING BESIDE CLEARING DATE ON SWYPE WAS MADE.

Highlighted
Journeyman

If you go to your camera and click on setting and then shooting mode.....you can choose from many and panorma is one of them    Enjoy!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm doing the update and have a yellow exclamation point with a white triangle and the android guy. Is this normal during the update?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Has anyone lost the ability to edit contacts after the ICS update?  When I click the little pencil icon while in a contact it brings up the edit page but there are no + or - or boxes around the names and numbers where you would normally be able to edit.  Also is everyone still seeing giant pixelated versions for the contact picture?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks. I never knew that was on the phone.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I did everything you said.  Took out the battery for @ 10 min.  Pressed the volume up & power buttons at the same time until the phone went on.  But.... Where do you scroll to clear the cache?  All I did was shut the phone again & charge the battery with the phone off.

I'm still having the same problem.  The battery has drained to 72% in 3 hours & I haven't even touched the phone.  Maybe if I can clear the cache it will help?  Please let me know how.

Thanks much!

Highlighted
Journeyman

It took me two tries.  I found that if I held the volume up button then pushed the power button holding them together until I saw the logo pop up.  I then let go and it took me to the boot menu where you will find the clear cache option.  After I did this.  I rebooted the phone and got a message saying that Android was completing the update.  It's my partner's phone so I'm not sure if this improved the battery life yet.

Highlighted
Journeyman

LOL I had this problem to cause the directions fail to tell you that the volume button will move the menu choice bar up and down and then use the power button to select it!  Hope this helps 

Highlighted
Journeyman

My battery is feeling much better today Not completely recovered, but definitely lasting much longer than the 5-6 hours it was giving me after the ICS update.  I actually got 14 hours yesterday, mostly on standby.  Here are the steps I took:

1. Remove the battery for about 10 minutes.

2. After putting the battery back in the phone, hold the volume UP and the power button at the same time, which forces the phone to reboot. 

3.  At the reboot menu, use the volume Down button until "Empty Partition Cache" is highlighted, then press the power button to accept the option. 

4.  After emptying the cache, the "Reboot" option will automatically be highlighted.  Press  the power button to accept that option.  You will get a message that the update is completing .

5.  Finally, leave the phone on until the battery completely drains and the phone shuts off.  Then charge it fully.

These steps were recommended to me by people on this board, and I am grateful for their help.  It was a lot more than I got from Sprint tech support, who told me I would have to do a factory reset. NOT!!  I hope this  helps some of you who are also having a terrible battery drain problem since the ICS update.  Good Luck!

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat