cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7/12 - Samsung Epic 4G Touch Software Update - Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0.4) - FF18

Highlighted
Master

7/12 - Samsung Epic 4G Touch Software Update - Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0.4) - FF18

Samsung Epic 4G Touch Software Update - Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0.4) - FF18

Enhancements/Fixes:

- Android 4.0.4, Ice Cream Sandwich

- Google Security Patches

- Email Enhancements

Important Notes:

- Software version is: S:D710.10S.FF18

- Released in stages to devices

- Refer to the Samsung Epic 4G Touch Software Updates for install instructions

452 REPLIES 452
Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm another long-time Sprint user - thirteen years, in fact. The ability to transfer files between my phone (Epic 4GT) and my computer when offline is absolutely essential. Bluetooth is still something of a mystery to be, and my phone and my MacBookPro appear to be mutually unrecignizable, so that's out. The former USB protocol, which actually required my phone to be set to PTP (camera) mode in AFT, was fabulous and worked until my update from 4.0 to 4.0.4. A Mac driver from Samsung for Kies and/or AFT would solve the problem in a heartbeat, as would the re-introduction of the ability to choose between MTP and PTP.

I don't miss Mass Storage at all, BTW. It was very instinctive and didn't require mucking about with menus, but the additional steps required to connect and disconnect were irksome, and the phone wasn't operational when USB-connected.

I think the fact that AFT doesn't actually recognize the phone as an MTP device, and Google doesn't ackowlege this, is the real problem. You need, as I said above, to fix either AFT or ICS to relect this, or at least release Mac drivers for the Epic 4GT so that it works over USB with Kies. The last option, it seems, would be the easiest by far, since it wouldn't involve a new OS rollout for the phone. I can't imagine that it would take more than a day or two to do this if you set your minds to it.

The problem, of course, is that Samsung or Google need to be the sources for either of these solutions, and it's Sprint's loss, not theirs, if customers jump ship over this issue.

If you bought back my phone for the price you're currently selling it for and nullified my contract, I'd be willing to buy an iPhone and possibly start a new contract. The loss of functionality caused my the upgrade constitutes a violation of the contract on Sprint's end, IMO, but I don't have tens of thousands of dollars available to pay lawyers to represent that POV, so a lawsuit is not an option.

Highlighted
Journeyman

So glad to see that NO ONE cares to address this issue. And yes, I'm being sarcastic. I'm starting to look into alternatives to both the 4GT and Sprint.

Highlighted
Journeyman

eveything works fine on mine i have the fh13 update

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have the fh13 as well. Care to give details about your OS, etc.? I might be willing to upgrade to Mountain Lion if it solves this issue. In the meantime I purchased an external SD card for emergency data transfer and it works just fine.

Highlighted
Journeyman

i have window 7s when you plus in the usb does it give you an option to choose between mtp and usb mass storage?

Highlighted
Journeyman

also did you unstall all samsung drivers and reinstall them?.. it sounds weird but for my PC i had to do that otherwise the laptop worked fine

Highlighted
Journeyman

There never was a problem with Windows as long as the drivers were installed, only Mac. Oh well.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I still have the gingerbread and I can not get my phone to take screen shots I have tried all combinations Vol down + Power Key, Home + Power Key, Back button and Home nothing works..... Is it because I still have gingerbread? Its October and when I check for Android updates on my phone its says my system is up to day is there a way to get the ICS before it rolled out to my phone?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Tejae wrote:

I still have the gingerbread and I can not get my phone to take screen shots I have tried all combinations Vol down + Power Key, Home + Power Key, Back button and Home nothing works..... Is it because I still have gingerbread? Its October and when I check for Android updates on my phone its says my system is up to day is there a way to get the ICS before it rolled out to my phone?

You can install Samsung's Kies software on your computer, then connect your phone to your computer via a USB cable and update it that way.

Highlighted
Journeyman

You might want to try Airdroid (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sand.airdroid&feature=search_result).  Easily the best app I've found for wireless transfer/control of phone and content from your desktop computer.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have the same issue but I have these problems without the upgrade. The Wifi signal is crap, I can be standing right next to my wireless router and and not get a full wifi signal. So you are not the only one with this issue.

Highlighted
Journeyman

just flash the leak fI03 and everything seems to look good

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat