Sprint Community Registration currently closed. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community Registration currently closed. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7/12 - Samsung Epic 4G Touch Software Update - Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0.4) - FF18

Highlighted
Master

7/12 - Samsung Epic 4G Touch Software Update - Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0.4) - FF18

Samsung Epic 4G Touch Software Update - Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0.4) - FF18

Enhancements/Fixes:

- Android 4.0.4, Ice Cream Sandwich

- Google Security Patches

- Email Enhancements

Important Notes:

- Software version is: S:D710.10S.FF18

- Released in stages to devices

- Refer to the Samsung Epic 4G Touch Software Updates for install instructions

452 REPLIES 452
Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks, I got the manual update working. Helps if you follow the instructions and click the correct buttons.

Not sure if FF.18 is better than EL.29 yet, but will take the weekend and see how it goes.

Issues:

1 * my own wallpaper does not fit correctly anymore.

2 * USB mass storage.The USB device settings are no more on my phone that I can find. I run a linux laptop (ubuntu 12.04) so will have to see what is up with getting it to work.

Those are my only gripes.

Updated:

After using the phone with ICS, over the weekend, I decided to hard reset it to see if that helps the battery drain issue (make sure you backup settings and application login info first - doh!) ..

Wallpaper still zooms no matter what size I make it.

Still cannot get phone connected to my laptop (ubuntu 12.04) as "USB mass storage" device. Maybe some bright spark out there has some info I missed, though in a month I will be getting a MacBook so ....

Message was edited by: xcape2usa

Highlighted
Journeyman

The usb connection is now in settings as MTP.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Did the manual update...worked like a charm.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Does doing the manual update void your warrantee?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Nope, it doesn't. The manual update is the same software as the OTA update.

Highlighted

mapesy - is anyone going to keep a log of known issues with ICS update? Sure would be nice.

I am also wondering if anyone can tell me of a swype keyboard that has the numbers in the middle of the keyboard instead of the top line - I loved the GB swype keyboard and definitely miss it.

Haven't decided yet if there is more of a battery drain with ICS or not - on battery 5 hours and down to 52% with just talk (of course that was 72 minutes). I do have it on WiFi and auto notifications (but had that with GB).

Also noticed that you cannot tell how long a phone call was (I had to go to my account on line to see how many minutes used). There was a way on GB

But so far not "major awful issues."

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have a link to manually update your touch to official ICS without a computer. Who wants it?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I would like it. I just want to make sure, does it require ur phone to be rooted?

Highlighted
Journeyman

i do

Highlighted
Journeyman

No it doesn't.

Highlighted
Journeyman

go to google play pull up adobe flash player

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have installed ICS using the manual d/l method and everything seems to be working ok... with the exception of the LED notification for either gmail or the stock email. Any suggestions?

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat