cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7/12 - Samsung Epic 4G Touch Software Update - Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0.4) - FF18

Highlighted
Master

7/12 - Samsung Epic 4G Touch Software Update - Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0.4) - FF18

Samsung Epic 4G Touch Software Update - Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0.4) - FF18

Enhancements/Fixes:

- Android 4.0.4, Ice Cream Sandwich

- Google Security Patches

- Email Enhancements

Important Notes:

- Software version is: S:D710.10S.FF18

- Released in stages to devices

- Refer to the Samsung Epic 4G Touch Software Updates for install instructions

452 REPLIES 452
Highlighted

No - it is hold Power+Volume Down for about 2 seconds.

I have definitely noticed more loss of connection with 3G/4G and WiFi (intermittent/no pattern). Battery lasted longer after a factory reset but not 24 hours - I have it on autosync.

I think the phone is more responsive with ICS but I also use the TW/ICS launcher as I do not like google search at the top of every screen - I also cannot figure out how to move screens like you can with TW. If it did not have the google search at the top of every screen I would use the ICS launcher. And, I don't want to root (called laziness and I don't want to be without a phone as I no longer have a landline) so if there are other suggestions/work arounds I would like to hear. Thanks in advance

Highlighted
Journeyman

Both power + volume down AND power + home work to take a screen shot. You just have to hold the key combination longer than in GB.

With the native ICS home screen, you cannot reorder the homescreens like in Touchwiz. There are 3rd party launchers that you can download that will let you do that (and more). Nova, Apex and Go Launcher are popular ones.

mrcminnesota wrote:

I have definitely noticed more loss of connection with 3G/4G and WiFi (intermittent/no pattern). Battery lasted longer after a factory reset but not 24 hours - I have it on autosync.

I think the phone is more responsive with ICS but I also use the TW/ICS launcher as I do not like google search at the top of every screen - I also cannot figure out how to move screens like you can with TW. If it did not have the google search at the top of every screen I would use the ICS launcher. And, I don't want to root (called laziness and I don't want to be without a phone as I no longer have a landline) so if there are other suggestions/work arounds I would like to hear. Thanks in advance

mrcminnesota wrote:

Highlighted
Journeyman

Only problem so far today since the update is sprint TV won't work, says needs an update but fails to load it, and phone doesn't seem to charge 100% I'm liking all the features I've found so far

Highlighted
Journeyman

OK, I got it on my phone this morning and my Bluetooth is FUBAR.  It won't recognize a device (neither my Blue Ant Q2 or wifes Jawbone)  Anyone got a cure/solution?  I have reloaded the BA software and done the battery out, reboot bit and still no luck.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I've tried to update my phone 5 times already and everytime it gets stuck on the exclmation triangle screen.  WTH am I doing wrong?  I've tried manual and OTA. 

I noticed as the the unpacking starts, it only goes 30% (status bar) and it goes to the exclmation triangle screen.  Please help a fellow brethen out.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I had the update pushed to my phone on Monday, but my girlfriend did not and going to the update page in the phones settings resulted in  being told that there were no updates available. We are both on the same plan and she upgraded her phone about a month before me.  I realize that the update push is 7/12 to 7/20, but why didn't both our phones get the update at the same time. I've tried shutting her phone off and turning it back on and even updated her profile, prl, and cleared her cache but the update is not showing up. Is there a way to manual download and install the update  and if so where can I find it.

Highlighted
Journeyman

ChaoticWarlord wrote:

I had the update pushed to my phone on Monday, but my girlfriend did not and going to the update page in the phones settings resulted in  being told that there were no updates available. We are both on the same plan and she upgraded her phone about a month before me.  I realize that the update push is 7/12 to 7/20, but why didn't both our phones get the update at the same time. I've tried shutting her phone off and turning it back on and even updated her profile, prl, and cleared her cache but the update is not showing up. Is there a way to manual download and install the update  and if so where can I find it.

Phones are picked at random to recieve the upgrade. Manual instructions are here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcsfJXKv23o&feature=g-user-u

Highlighted
Journeyman

The camera app appears to be the same, under application management it is still referred to as version 1.0, Will the update that includes panorama and the editing enhancements be made available?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm with you. my phone no longer has a list of contacts when using the phone, it has favorites,log and keypad, WTF i want the phone back it is supposed to be an upgrade, not remove basic features,  I had to spend 40 min to get my texting swype keyboard to reappear, sprint is useless. I pay for premium unlimited data I cant even use data unless on wifi. No reliable 3g and absolutely no 4g, where is the premium data I pay for???  I get like 2k downloads, what a rip off!! and  2 years of no data.....  Now I cant even easily find a contact to call.  Sprint do something right fix my phone.  They boast unlimited data well let me tellyou.. if I was to try and download constantly for a whole month at the speeds I get, I would never even be able to reach a data limit of their competitors. At 2k unlimited is a fraud.. I cant stand sprint... I am going to bash them to every person I see they have screwed me too long....

Come on sprint prove me wrong....

Highlighted
Journeyman

Turn off your phone, pop your battery. Reinstall and restart. Go to Settings, and scroll down to Language and Input. Change the default to Swype. Your dictionary is gone, but Swype is back.

One other difference: To get the numbers-only keyboard, hold and press the numbers/symbols key.

Highlighted
Journeyman

In Settings/Bluetooth, there's an option "Only visible to paired devices." Unclick that, and you should be able to hook up again. At least, I was.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Give the numbers/symbols key a hard press, and you'll get the numbers (10-key) keyboard.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat