cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

8/22- Samsung Epic 4G Touch Software Update - S:D710.10S.FH13 (MR 4)

Highlighted
Master

8/22- Samsung Epic 4G Touch Software Update - S:D710.10S.FH13 (MR 4)

Samsung Epic 4G Touch Software Update - S:D710.10S.FH13 (MR 4)

Enhancements/Fixes:

- Battery life enhancements

Rate your phone here.

Important Notes:

- Software version is: S:D710.10S.FH13 (MR 4)

- Released in stages to devices

- Refer to the Samsung Epic 4G Touch Software Updates for install instructions

133 REPLIES 133
Highlighted

@bill9999 - thanks. I had totally forgotten about connecting via USB. I always do it via WiFi (which of course does not have the firmware check option). I did charge my battery, did a factory reset and wipe cache (both from the boot screen - power/vol up button). I have reinstalled some of my apps, reconfigured the sync, etc. Now waiting to see if battery drain improves. I did reinstall Juice Defender as that helped me keep my battery for 12 hours (with minimal use)

What I have noticed:

• There is still a lag in the touch screen (for example trying to bring up task manager takes several touches/didn't do this on Gingerbread)
  • The phone still gets warm on the top half of the phone while using (never found this on GB) - it is not the battery as it is the section above the battery and I can feel this through the Otterbox case.
  • Still lose data connection with WiFi and 3G (did it when in Play Store on WiFi to reinstall apps - message "connection lost - retry"- it occurred at least 3 times in just a few minutes; plus downloads took longer of course when this was happening)
  • I don't "think" it is changing the brightness like it did with FF18 (at least it hasn't changed yet)

@mapesy - hope Sprint is keeping a log of issues

Thanks

*updated the issues above:

• The connection issue may not be there for 3G (can't say 4G as I don't have it in my home) - but I have noticed this am that I "am not" losing the data connection when going to facebook/that was an "everytime" occurrence with FF18
  • New issue - when receiving a text message, the "number" no longer occurs on the Message Icon on the main screen. I really want that back - I do get the notification in the status bar but I do like the numbers on the icon
Highlighted
Journeyman

I have had nothing but problems since the original FF18 Ice Cream Sandwich update back in July.  A few of the suggestions by Sprint Community members on this board have helped with battery a little but my battery life is still not even 60-70% of what it was before the update.

This morning, I woke up to a NEW update "finalizing" on my phone, and I did not even click "accept".  It just started to download on its own ("forced update"?) and once it was complete...I found even MORE problems with this phone.   Now I cannot even use the power button to turn the screen off and on (and incidently I don't think I can even turn the phone off without taking out the battery, and if I did turn it off, I don't know if I will be able to turn it back on if the power button no longer works after this newest OTA update last night).

Additionally, since last night's update, I no longer have the ability to check/edit my settings.  I click Menu>Settings...and then nothing.  On top of that, the Samsung widget for controlling settings, e.g. screen brightness, screen timeout, wifi, Bluetooth, etc. is now GONE.  It is missing from the location on my homescreen where it was last night when I went to sleep, and it is no longer an option to add from the Menu>Add>Widgets options.  It is just gone.  I cannot change the screen brightness, I cannot change anything unless it is in the notification bar.

Anyone else have issues accessing their Settings or lose the Samsung widget for controlling settings, e.g. screen brightness, screen timeout, wifi, Bluetooth, etc.???

Highlighted
Journeyman

yes i agree the new update is bs but I did not have that many problems, how ever my phone did shut off by its self. It turned off 7 times in a 12 hr period so i flashed back to GB. I am done withthese updates.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Keis doesn't work on mine, just keep getting error messages

Highlighted
Journeyman

How did you flash back to GB kjblossom?

Highlighted

Sorry to say there is no improvement in this update (I did it using Kies, did a factory reset and wiped cache "first", had a 99% battery)

• No improvement in battery (and I use juice defender, syncing off, etc) - still noticed the top half of the phone getting warm at times (and this is not the battery as that is the lower half of the phone)
  • I initially thought 3G connection was better with no "loss of data" - not true, started getting the connection issue again today so it is on 3G and Wifi (have very little use of 4G)
  • I have even had to turn my phone off and on to get 3G back on (wasn't doing that before)
  • Menu and home icons are still often very slow to respond/have to tap several times
  • NEW ISSUE - Now there are no "numbers" to the number of new text messages/only the icon in the status bar - DISLIKE VERY MUCH
  • The message notification is still loud when on the phone when a new message comes in
  • On top of all this, a "new voicemail update" also came through which always has the Premium icon in the corner wanting you to upgrade, can only "delete" at the individual voicemail not choose several at one time
  • Very disappointed in FH13 - wasted my time and had to reinstall several apps again. Getting old (also no change to any of the other issues that have been listed)
Highlighted
Journeyman

No issues here... battery life is even better than FF18 which was already double the battery life of the original GB.

Highlighted
Journeyman

carole6m wrote:

No issues here... battery life is even better than FF18 which was already double the battery life of the original GB.

Do you mind posting your battery use screen? I am curious as to how you use your phone to get good battery life.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I got the OTA FH13 update today and my battery life is worse than with the FF18.

Highlighted
Journeyman

battery life drastically improved from FF18, thats for sure.  I used to have a few bars and 3G in my apartment, but not anymore.  I am always roaming in my home now.  Hopefully that can be fixed, as I dont know how to boost my antenna reception.

Highlighted
Journeyman

So what I'm hearing is that the phones battery takes away important widgets and turns phone off automaticaly no matter what you are doing?  That will save your battery if your phone is always turning off lol!  What else is... this is a forced update?  So now we are forced to take another update that is definetly doing more bad than good...  I guess Sprint wants us to get fed up with our EPIC FAILURE of a phone and jump on to a GS3 before the IPHONE5 comes out in October.  Then SPRINT can mess up the GS3 so we will have to get that huh LOL!

Highlighted
Journeyman

So Al you traded better battery life for loss of 3g and reception?  What would you rather have.. the lesser of 2 evils?

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat