Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

8/22- Samsung Epic 4G Touch Software Update - S:D710.10S.FH13 (MR 4)

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: 8/22- Samsung Epic 4G Touch Software Update - S:D710.10S.FH13 (MR 4)

Look I have 5 spare batteries 3 of which are extended capacity and NOT one of them including the extended batteries can make it more than 30 hours on ICS with the FH13 update who are you trying to kid.It isn't even worth trying to put the standard batteries in the darn phone. I used to get 24 to 30 hours on the standard batteries with gingerbread

Highlighted
Sprint Employee

IMAP email account from which service provider?

No longer working Community Response.
Highlighted
Journeyman

I doubt it matters - IMAP accounts for Work (MS), ISP (Linux), and a personal server (MacOS).  When Email is busted, all communications stops in all accounts.  New messages don't arrive, attachments in existing messages can't used, flagging doesn't stick, and deleting messages doesn't stick.

Journeyman

The phone you choose to possess is a complicated computing device with many features that use power. It's not Sprint's responsibility to tell you how to manage those features. There are plenty of useful free apps that help you manage the power hungry features of your phone. I'm just another end-user like you; so I'm not trying to kid anyone. I installed ICS and my battery life was greatly enhanced- especially when I turn off all but the cellular features. All the features which were broken by the intitial install of ICS are now working well. Either you should investigate how to use and manage your phone or have Sprint Store test it. They have extensive non-destructive tests which will verify it's function. Good luck, and may I recommend the Zagg Sparq backup battery solution, it's pretty robust and you will never worry about being without power again. Every now and then, they have them on sale for 50% off.

Highlighted
Sprint Employee

So far with using IMAP, in FH13 I have no trouble, I'm even using a Yahoo! IMAP account at that. It refreshes normally, and when messages are deleted from inbox of the phone, they are removed from the inbox of the yahoo account. do you have any security apps installed that could affect email, have you tried removing/readding account?

No longer working Community Response.
Highlighted
Journeyman

My phone with debug enabled/disabled will not let me do any upgrading with Kies. 8-(

Got a install update, ran %25 of the way and did the triangle of death.

When is the new ICS due out?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have a POP account with att.yahoo.com and an IMAP account with yahoo.com.  I will have to check to see which account was affected as I don't recall.  I am not deleting messages from the Trash folder.  I have no other sync accounts active.

Highlighted
Journeyman

The only problem I’m having with the phone is I keep losing data connection. Even when I’m at home and using Wi-Fi I’m losing the Wi-Fi connection. I can see the Wi-Fi signal on the phone but I can’t surf the net or check my emails. I need to switch to Airplane mode and switch back to get my connection. I didn’t have this problem on the Gingerbread.

Highlighted
Journeyman

My Galaxy SII was getting crappy battery life after upgrading to ICS, like losing 8% an hour without any use at all just sitting on my desk with the screen off. The following changes now get my phone almost 48 hours on stock battery with an unrooted phone.

- Changed Exchange settings to check 1 time per hour instead of "push"

- Turn off 4G and use 3G.

- Force stopping the Facebook app after every use to avoid messenger and notification messages. This seemed to have the biggest impact since it dramatically dropped the phones "stay awake" time.

If your battery life is terrible you need to go into the battery portion of the OS and look whats pulling the power. Its not that hard to figure out.

Highlighted

I am in the same boat as you.  All sprint says is that my contract says they do not guarantee the hardware or software they sold me....hehehehe what a great way to tell a customer that they (sprin)  is only there to take my phone for the dead zones in my city....which includes my garage.

Highlighted
Patron

its been 17 days and i still have not gotten the fh13 update yet whats up with that and my cousin in tulsa ok has not gotten the ics yet either

Highlighted
Journeyman

its the factory data reset that initiates the new software download, has nothing to do with kies.  keep in mind though, that you have to do a factory data reset.  this means you will lose anything on phone like pics, video, apps, saved wifi passwords, etc.  i moved my gallery stuff to my sd card.  dont mind re-programming everything back in again.  seems cleaner.  i just did my factory reset and immediately the new software download began.  so for those of you who don't want to wait for it to be pushed by sprint, you may do it this way.  waiting for it to be pushed by sprint has its benefits.  you wont have to reprogram all data.  but who knows how long it will take sprint to push to your phone...

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat