cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

8/22- Samsung Epic 4G Touch Software Update - S:D710.10S.FH13 (MR 4)

Highlighted
Master

8/22- Samsung Epic 4G Touch Software Update - S:D710.10S.FH13 (MR 4)

Samsung Epic 4G Touch Software Update - S:D710.10S.FH13 (MR 4)

Enhancements/Fixes:

- Battery life enhancements

Rate your phone here.

Important Notes:

- Software version is: S:D710.10S.FH13 (MR 4)

- Released in stages to devices

- Refer to the Samsung Epic 4G Touch Software Updates for install instructions

133 REPLIES 133
Highlighted
Journeyman

RC1024 wrote:

I have looked through the furums that the Techs post/discuss problems related to phones, I have looked in areas where we are told of known problems, and problems that are on the RADAR as under investigation, I have not found exactly what you have mentioned. Will you PM me a link for examples?

RC1024, can you let us know which problems are on the radar and being looked at?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Do you recommend a different app then Lookout? I worried using the phone without a security app.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I too have experienced the same issue with not being able to copy/paste like I could with Ginerbread now that I have ICS - this is just one of many many issues with this terrible update.

Highlighted
Journeyman

How did you go back to gingerbread??

Highlighted
Journeyman

Last time i put it on here sprint took it off. so I need to send you a private message on this.

Highlighted
Journeyman

This update has killed my 4G connection.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I removed Lookout but had the same data problems so it’s not Lookout. I notice that I have app called “Task Manager” that either came with the phone or was a part of the ICS update. You think this app causing the data problems?

Highlighted
Journeyman

This forced update has killed my phone. I just upgraded not even two months ago from my evo to this phone. I had the white one until ics came out and I did the update. Totally locked my phone up. I took the phone back and was giving a whole new phone since I had only had the phone for a week and a half. I was told NOT to do the ics update and everytime I got the little screen telling me there was an update I would hit the install later button, totally annoying but it kept my beautiful new phone working properly. Well the other day my phone was forced to update and since then it has been nothing but one problem after the other!! I took the phone in yesterday and was told by both techs that if I want ics to run smoothly I would have to root my phone. Seriously? So basically I have to void my warranty on my phone to get it to work right? This is bs. I am regretting doing my upgrade to this phone. It hasn't even been two months and my new phone is basically a paper weight.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Here is my current list of problems:

1. Phone is roaming in Philadelphia (never had this issue before the update)

2. Battery life is a joke (Android OS runs at 55%-85% of battery)

3. Various apps don't work over 3G/4G but work fine on WIFI

4. Phone overheats

5. Text messages now appear with a download button before I can see them.  I think this has to do with roaming.

RC1024 - What are we supposed to do?  Sprint needs to address this issue with some communication and what their plan is.  This is totally unacceptable.  I had a great phone now all I have is a piece of junk.  I've got the insurance on my phone and might smash it so I can get the new iPhone (but that won't fix the roaming issue here in Philly).  I have screenshots of a full 4G signal with apps saying no network available.  Where I can send those to?

Customers - What have you all done, what have you heard? 

Thanks!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well I was one who was until recently apparently pretty lucky. My upgrade to ics was smooth and everything worked.

That is until today. My phone will now say it has 70 percent battery, but begins to flicker and then just shuts off.

When I reboot the battery will be below 10 percent.  I was under the impression that when batteries gotold they

Died quicker, but didn't just fail at 70%!  I guess it's time to head to the sprint store and deal with that saga.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Today is just dandy.  Received the FH13 OTA update this morning, and have been delaying it all day until ready to install.  Just did a quick cache wipe before the update.  Proceeded to apply the update, got the 10-second 'last chance to cancel' countdown and let it complete.  Screen went blank, then a few moments later got message that the ".com........." process "unfortunately has stopped"  as did my update.  I think I tapped on OK or whatever to get it past it, which took me to the home screen.  Checked my versions and everything is the same.  Tried to check for updates, and I'm being told that the phone is up to date.

Just called Sprint support and was told I'm out of luck; will have to wait for the next update (FH23?)  "Google has made it not possible for Sprint to re-push FH13 to my phone."  "A Sprint store cannot update it either" I was told by the rep.  I replied that this sucks, and is unacceptable, only to be met with 20 seconds of silence, until I resumed speaking.  That's it, end of story, as I was being told by the rep. No recourse, no apology by Sprint.  My phone failed, and I supposedly have no recourse.

Of course I can go to XDA and get all the ODIN bits and pieces, but I shouldnt have to, and frankly, am tired of spending my weekends flashing phones and keeping fingers crossed.  I just want what I bought (and the updates that are coming to me) to work.

WHAT A CROCK !!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

you can always push it to your phone, by just following these quick steps , first go to setting , applications, select all. Then scroll down to google services framework and clear it, then go back and hit home. Finally just go to setting , system updates , update samsung software and check now, it should pull down if not, just try the same process couple of times.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat