Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

8/22- Samsung Epic 4G Touch Software Update - S:D710.10S.FH13 (MR 4)

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: 8/22- Samsung Epic 4G Touch Software Update - S:D710.10S.FH13 (MR 4)

Absolutely, 143tg345rtfww.  And as Sprint's appreciation for you justifiably speaking your mind about them ruining your phone (for which we are paying) and NOT providing any real solution, your posting here is subject to removal by the Sprint Community moderators.  It has happened to me 3 times so far (twice today alone.)  Don't know if they just have it in for me, or what...but check back here a couple of hours and see if this reply I'm writing has been taken down.  Total BS.

Journeyman

Re: 8/22- Samsung Epic 4G Touch Software Update - S:D710.10S.FH13 (MR 4)

Like many of you when I first upgraded to ICS it was a disaster, bad signal, battery drain big time, error messages.... I followed most of the suggestions (I won't root my phone), cleared the cache, turned off wifi, changed the setting so it would not stay awake, removed all programs, finally did a factory reset still battery drain still had dropped signal... but then I downloaded kies to my computer hooked up the phone and let it upgrade to the F13, still had battery drain but the error message went away after I got a message and I answered the question (roaming error), then I seen a post that said take out your SD card so I did, plus that night I let the phone drain to almost 10% left on the battery turned it off and did a charge over night and did this again the next day. I have since put the sd card back in the phone and I can now get over a day on my battery. Yes I have surfed the web used the map program added a few, text and use the phone and the battery life has gone back to what it was, I don't know if it was removing the sd card or letting the phone drain almost completly and turning it off and letting it charge fully that fixed the issue but let me tell you I am happy (minus the signal that is not quite as strong as it was before but I also don't go by bars because I still can hold a conversation when no bars are showing). I never used the 4 g before because I had heard before the upgrade it was a battery drain and 3 g is fine for me. I also have 3 email accounts set up to sync all the time or is that called push? I get email as quickly as it arrives. Working for a software company I do know many times an upgrade is believed to have passed all the tests but once it hits the market you find out "oops we didn't think of that" or because of settings/software.. on their machines it causes another issue that was not tested. I'm by no way excusing Sprint's inability to admit there is an issue because there is and they should just own up to it and say we're sorry and get a fix out as quickly as possible.

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat