cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activating Bluetooth causes Epic 4G to reboot over and over

Highlighted
Journeyman

Activating Bluetooth causes Epic 4G to reboot over and over

Please help. After most recent update, whenever I try to turn on my bluetooth, my Epic 4G will start rebooing itself and not let me make calls or do anything until I can turn bluetooth back off. Just keeps rebooting. Help. (Stupid update)

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Journeyman

I have seen similar behavior. With the Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean GB27 I have experienced regular Bluetooth audio issues. While streaming audio in my car, it stops streaming after a few minutes. Sometimes it reboots itself and sometimes I have to reboot the phone to get Bluetooth working again. Once rebooted, the issue will occur in a few minutes.

I have two Epic 4G Touch phones and the issue occurred on both phones. I downgraded them back to Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich FL24 and the Bluetooth is now working properly.

I have seen posts that have suggested that doing a factory reset after the upgrade may correct the issue. Other posts have suggested that removing the pairing and re-pairing may correct the issue. I haven't tried these yet as it is somewhat of a pain to re-upgrade to GB27 and try it and then re-downgrade to FL24 if it doesn't fix the issue.

Highlighted
Journeyman

My Android version: is 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich. Baseband: S:D712.10 S.FL24. I would hate to do a factory reset. Un-pairing and re-pairing does not help, because before I get to the option to do that, it re-boots itself.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I was also having problems getting my PRL to update. I read some threads on getting this fixed and whatever I did also fixed the Bluetooth issue,

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat