ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After Newest Update and reset.. phone rebooting... sucking battery fast... and freezing...

Journeyman

Re: After Newest Update and reset.. phone rebooting... sucking battery fast... and freezing...

CONTINUANCE OF THE ONGOING BATTERY AND REBOOT PROBLEMS... STILL NO BATTERY FROM SPRINT....WTF?

Journeyman

Re: After Newest Update and reset.. phone rebooting... sucking battery fast... and freezing...

I'm on ICS 4.0.4 FI27. Good news, long story short, I went to Settings-->Accounts & Sync then removed entries for Facebook and Twitter and this fixed most of my battery drain problems, seriously. And like many others my GPS sensor goes off the rails at times and won't detect sats, and that puts my E4GT into a power tailspin. So the first and easiest thing to do is to disable GPS from the notific'n panel. Then later at night, I'll either pull the battery and restart which seems to set GPS straight, or because every few months that doesn't even work, I use the "GPS Status and Toolbox" app's Manage A-GPS State tool to clear the GPS cache, pull the battery, restart and its fine. This can be alot of workaround stuff but at least you won't anymore hate the phone you loved so much and makes the wait for Jellybean more tolerable.

Highlighted
Journeyman

if you are still on ICS and refuse to root your phone... take it back to sprint and have them reflash gingerbread... btw random disconnects, roaming, and bad gps overall is better than buying a new battery every 2-3 months right?

Journeyman

Stop the install updates...I dont want to buy a new battery..

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat