Sprint Community Registration currently closed. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community Registration currently closed. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After the new firmware upgrade, my swipe function is not working properly. What's the fix?

Highlighted
Journeyman

After the new firmware upgrade, my swipe function is not working properly. What's the fix?

After the new firmware upgrade,  my swipe function is not working properly.    I swipe a word and none of the word  selections comes close to the desired word.   My wife has the same phone and she has the same issue.   Before the upgrade,  both our phone's swipe function worked perfectly.    If anyone else had the same issue,  how did you resolve it?

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Wizard

wrong forum.  You want Epic 4G NOT the Epic 4G Touch.  We have no firmware update yet.

Highlighted
Wizard

joseinga, have you performed "Clear Data" on the Swype app. This usually does the trick and it's easy to do. Starting on your home screen tap Menu > Settings > Applications > Manage Applications. Select the All tab at the top and scroll down to and tap Swype. From here tap the Clear data key.

If this doesn't work there may be an update to the app in the Android Market. To check, open the Market app and tap the Menu key. From here tap My Apps. If Swype is need of an update, you should see that here. Hope this helps.

As mmark27_ pointed out Swype is not available in the Andorid Market. Updates, if avail, can be found at www.swype.com. Thanks mmark27_ for the correction.

Highlighted
Wizard

however, IF your Sywpe was preinstalled, then you can't update from the Market.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have the same problem. Every time there is an upgrade a lot of things stop working. it feels like a downgrade. I tried the "clear data" and didn't work. Do I have to buy the swipe app?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I was having a simlar problem before I realized that Swype was not set as my default input method. The Samsung keyboard is similar to Swype so I didn't notice I was not suing Swype..

HTH,

Paul

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat