I've seen several people having this problem and it seems this is the best way to solve it. No SMS from Verizon or T-Mobile. They receive mine but I don't receive there's. I can get mms, but no SMS. Any sprint techs wanna help a broth out??
I'll jump in on this as well. I can't get text messages from people with Metro PCS. Help please!
Same issue here. Number ported to Sprint as part of a new service activation. Cannot receive text messages from Verizon.
Same issue here...but SMS fails are from ATT. Can't be all the other carriers issue! I note references to Sprint's SMS "issues" going back to at least 2011 and on many device platforms.
Message was edited by: reginold2012. Update: After working with Sprint's "Xairn", appears that a resetting of certain elements of my profile now is allowing sending and receiving of SMS messages - at least from AT&T. No settings were changed either on my device or in my account profile - phone was NOT reprovisioned - so am uncertain whether any of these actions allowed resumption of SMS traffic or if something on Sprint's network was changed. At any rate, thanks to Sprint employee "Lindsay" for her help in resolving my SMS issue.
Hey everyone. I might have just gotten lucky when I called sprint. They were actually able to get my problem worked out. Took a couple days for them to get the ticket to the networking engineers, but once they did, the were able to fix it all up. Best of luck to the rest of you
Typically a ticket is created for these type of issues with specific carriers and SMS. We make sure all the basic troubleshooting is performed and then forward to the network team to make sure there are not any hang ups in the system.
Thanks for the update Specialk-sg1
I just solved the problem...at least for my particular case.
We were having the same issues. My sister-in-law also just got a new Verizon phone. My wife and I both have Sprint EVOs. For whatever reason, now texts from my sister-in-law were getting through to my wife's phone, but texts to my phone were failing.
I finally got an opportunity to look at my sister-in-law's phone and i figured out the problem and the solution, at least for this particular situation.
Her phone had synced all her contacts from Facebook on her phone and she was using those contacts to text from.
My wife's Facebook lists her number a XXX-XXX-XXXX (area code and the 7 digit number). But on my phone, my Facebook lists my number as 1-XXX-XXX-XXXX (the country code, area code and the 7 digit number).
I tried texting myself from her phone by manually inputting my number, and bingo, it goes through to my phone just fine. I looked at all her other failed text messages and they all have the 1 country code added.
So the fix, at least for us, is for my sister-in-law to fix her address book. So the problem seemed to neither have been Sprint nor Verizon -- it was Facebook.
For people with Verizon phones who are having this issue, take a look the number it's texting to and see if the country code has been added. Or try manually entering the ph
Will check some of my contacts and give this a try. I've been having this problem since 3/19 or 3/20. I've been having my Verizon and TMobile contacts use my Google Voice number to send SMS messages for now. Network ticket opened on 3/24.
problem still ongoing here. already spoke with a network engineer and still have the issue. verizon only for me.
No help here with the phone number on the senders phone. Network ticket opened, but still have not heard from them. I've got 3 survey calls in all of this. Perhaps they should redirect their resources from the survey takers to adding a few techs.