Sprint Community Registration currently closed. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community Registration currently closed. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another reason I hate this phone...

Highlighted
Journeyman

Another reason I hate this phone...

I have had this phone now for 2-years. Lousy GPS, random restarts, apps starting mysteriously. And now, something I have not had the experience of trying until now, I recorded some video of a band. The video is fine but the sound is totally distorted making the video wasted. I checked around and apparently this is common on this phone, and have not seen any solutions except for the one suggesting putting tape over the microphone and punching a small hole in the tape. Nah! I don't think so. There should be a way to limit/control the sound recording when using the default camera application. Oh well. My contract is ending soon and am looking at fresher horizons.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Journeyman

CharlieB12345,

I hear you and your frustrations are valid. Have you taken the unit into a Service and Repair location? I know that with the microphone on the phone, it can become clogged over time. The distortion can be pretty awful. I would recommend looking into this option. It sounds like you are getting ready for a new phone, which is always nice as well. Let me know if there is anything I can help with. I'm here for you!

*Andi R.

Social Care

Highlighted
Wizard

Great-n-PowerfulOZ wrote:

CharlieB12345,

I hear you and your frustrations are valid. Have you taken the unit into a Service and Repair location? I know that with the microphone on the phone, it can become clogged over time. The distortion can be pretty awful. I would recommend looking into this option. It sounds like you are getting ready for a new phone, which is always nice as well. Let me know if there is anything I can help with. I'm here for you!

*Andi R.

Social Care

Why do you guys always say this to everyone? When in fact the phone is a piece of crap to begin with? Aka was created/software managed poorly!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Seank_,

Honestly, I may sound repetitive in some instances and I don't mean for it to come across as me blowing anyone off. I try to get all of the information I can to assess the issue at hand. Some of the steps are repetitive, but my goal is to best assist my customers and ensure satisfaction. Sprint does not manufacturer these phones, but we are authorized via the manufacturer's to work on them. I know a wide array of devices, operating systems and how they work as I have been working on mobile devices for about eight years. I want my customers to know that I too am a mobile user and have seen these issues. I understand the frustration when something doesn't work. I want to improve the overall experience and ensure satisfaction amongst our customers.

With that being said, I am here for you as well. If there is anything I can do to help, please let me know!

*Andi R.

Social Care

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat